Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Bad Politicians

Default Bad Politicians

Yep. From both sides. Here is a thead where we can bash the likes of "widestance" Larry Craig and "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Bill Clinton.

Sometimes our policians belong on the stage at Jerry Springer than they belong in Washington, DC running our country.

Trash now has a home.

Rep. Wu to Resign Following Accusations Over Sexual Encounter With Young Woman

Democratic Rep. David Wu, facing eroding support from his party, plans to resign following allegations that he had a forced sexual encounter with a young woman last year.

The Oregon congressman said Tuesday that he would step down pending "resolution" of the debt-ceiling crisis. The announcement comes after he initially told colleagues he wanted to stay in office until the end of his term in early 2013
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...fore-end-term/

Rep. David Wu could be eligible for $1M in pension, benefits

Rep. David Wu could be eligible for pension and benefits worth more than $1 million in his lifetime, according to an analysis by the National Taxpayers Union.

Wu, D-Ore., first elected in 1998, announced Tuesday he will leave Congress. His departure follows a report in The Oregonian last week that an 18-year-old woman complained to his office about an "unwanted sexual encounter."
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...sex-scandal-/1

Classy! This is the quality of people we need running our country. Too bad he's stepping down, we obviously lost a great and trustworthy politician.

Isn't "Bad politicians" an oxymoron?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I think it's more of a pleonasm.

After reading the Wikipedia article, I must agree. Learn something new every day.

Deja vu all over again.

Who cares. They are fucking everyone [[literally and figuratively) so why does it matter? How about how they suck the cocks of lobby groups and how the taxpayer sucks the remaining juices of that fat one?
    How about posting some of that? [[the lobby groups screwing the taxpayer, not the sex...err, have we figured out if oral SEX is sex yet because Billy doesn't know).

Who cares about their sex lives, unless they are some hippocritical holier than thou blowhard caught with they're pants/panties down.
    Throw the Lobbyists out of Washington first, and let the Politico's do their jobs for once.

No; definitively not. But "Good politicians" would be an oxymoron.

thatguy123 Guest

Not according to Ghettopalmetto. If you are a black democrat you are automatically right, no matter how much you keep moving your country towards dictatorship.

I bet she loved that brother bastardizing the I have a dream speech last night to close out the house session for August recess last night

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    Not according to Ghettopalmetto. If you are a black democrat you are automatically right, no matter how much you keep moving your country towards dictatorship.

I bet she loved that brother bastardizing the I have a dream speech last night to close out the house session for August recess last night
    Low blow. Now there are things you can call out GP on but that statement is pure BS and it puts your credibility at zero.

I bet she loved that brother bastardizing
    She? I think GP is a guy.

Steve bennet Guest

This Bill Schuette guy is a bad politician. Who voted for this clown?

Puhleeze, politicians' sexual proclivities are the least of our concerns.

"The Lonliness of the Am. Liberal", New York mag. May 2. It's about Paul Krugman. Krugman says that Paul Ryan et al are turning us toward a much harsher society " in which ....more and more people are cast out into a situation of not having health insurance and poverty... back to a Victorian notion that life is full of evils ...but that's the way God made the world..."

Yep, and once you realize bad politicians reside in both the right and left spheres of politics and policy making your less surprised in what they do!
    Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    No; definitively not. But "Good politicians" would be an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Rep. Wu to Resign Following Accusations Over Sexual Encounter With Young Woman

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...fore-end-term/

Rep. David Wu could be eligible for $1M in pension, benefits

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...sex-scandal-/1

Classy! This is the quality of people we need running our country. Too bad he's stepping down, we obviously lost a great and trustworthy politician.
    Wu makes it official - he is resigning at 11:59 PM tonight - Good Riddance!

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Low blow. Now there are things you can call out GP on but that statement is pure BS and it puts your credibility at zero.
    Keep blindly following the blind there firstandten. Instead of calling people out for "low blows" go read what the president you blindly voted for just signed.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    I can't believe how you right wing dittoheads keep parroting the myth that the president is left wing. As for creating a dictatorship, you probably stood in agreement with the previous president while he was pushing legislation that causes us to have less rights and freedoms then when he took office under the guise of the ironically titled Patriot Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I can't believe how you right wing dittoheads keep parroting the myth that the president is left wing. As for creating a dictatorship, you probably stood in agreement with the previous president while he was pushing legislation that causes us to have less rights and freedoms then when he took office under the guise of the ironically titled Patriot Act.
    It's funny, people either don't read or don't understand. Obama said in his book that he is a Democrat who leans left. He didn't say he was a progressive, or left wing zealot or anything of that nature.
    People refuse to take the man at his word.

NO ditto-head here, LOL! The dem vs repub rubric is so off course, with the 'kick the can down the road' response looking onto the next elections and lobbying for constituencies and power. Bush drove us off the cliff in many areas, and president Obama has the throttle wide open too... So, I'm taking him for his word and watching his actions, responses and policy making! ----
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    It's funny, people either don't read or don't understand. Obama said in his book that he is a Democrat who leans left. He didn't say he was a progressive, or left wing zealot or anything of that nature.

People refuse to take the man at his word.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-05-11 at 06:36 AM.

To quote Dr. No [[from James Bond): "East, West, just points of the compass, each as stupid as the other."

Sooo, is president Obama right wing? Left or right, east, west: a distraction for the masses while the appointed politicians, lobbyists and bankers on both sides do what they want and point to the other as doing worse so as to keep their power base...

If you disagree you're a member of the 'wrong' wing or some talk-show host devotee... yah-dah!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-05-11 at 01:35 PM.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    To quote Dr. No [[from James Bond): "East, West, just points of the compass, each as stupid as the other."

Sooo, it president Obama right wing? Left or right, east, west: a distraction for the masses while the appointed politicians, lobbyists and bankers on both sides do what they want and point to the other as doing worse so as to keep their power base...

If you disagree your a member of the 'wrong' wing or some talk-show host devotee... yah-dah!
    Great stuff, Zacha. Totally agree. To me, people using left/right, republican/democrat, or cute new buzzwords [[teabaggers, obamacare, etc.) or the tired, you-must-listen-to-this-talk-show host du jour, fox news, Jon Stewart, blah, blah, blah jargon, have simply bought into the distractions. Political descriptions/identities don't actually exist...it's all about keeping power.