Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can we get a sports forum Please???

I know people have been asking, I just wanted to bring attention to it again. The Sports side would benefit greatly from having a DEDICATED sports forum. Too often the sports get pushed down until know one knows the thread exist anymore and have to create new ones. I miss Ravine's rants about the tigers, and college football is approaching, not to mention Lions and...I think we have some sort of group in this new fangled "Stinley Coop"???

Yep. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by rajdet View Post
    Yep. I agree.
    So do I! I would like to be able to rant about how great the Wings are, and how crummy the Loins are going to be...

How about it, Lowell? Can we get a forum for sports like we had on the old system?

Thanks

*bump*

I want to keep this at the top of the thread list

Excellent Idea!!

bump. Wings in six! Tigers on a roll. Hopefully Pistons "rebuilding" project does well this year. 4 and 12 would be an improvement for the Leos.

1-15 would be an improvement for the Leos!

Being down by six with two minutes to go in every game would be an improvement for the Leos.

Good idea for the sports forum. Hope Lowell can pull it off.

Lions are gonna break your hearts again this year. 4-12 would be a great year for them. Sure am glad I'm a Packer backer.

there are already some great forum websites dedicated to motownsports.

Dyes should stick to what it's best at: a community news forum and an outlet for people to call one another racist or accuse them of having a suburban superiority complex...

although i am partial to Dyes's growing role as THE place to go to clown on the losers/criminals that Detroiters/metro Detroiters choose to represent them...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    ...Lions are gonna break your hearts again this year. 4-12 would be a great year for them. Sure am glad I'm a Packer backer.
    Hey Ray, how did you become a Packers fan?

I was sent to Northwestern University for a traffic course by the DPD in 1972. Turned out my room mate was a captain in the Green Bay PD. We struck up a friendship that every year saw us going to Green Bay for the Pack/Lions game, and Eli and his wife coming to Detroit for the same. We ended up spending so much time in Green Bay that I fell in love with the place, and years ago traded my Lions' loyalty for the Pack.

Also went up there in the summer for some golf, and I shudder to recall how many old fashioneds I downed on the 19th hole.

I agree with having a dedicated sports section on DYes, it is a ordeal to join other established Detroit sports websites that have been in existence for about a decade more or less. The longtime Tigers/Lions/Red Wings/Pistons fan posters with their awards and board status symbols next to their gaudy avatars treat you like you are a bandwagon jumping poster because of your join date and post count.

I used to post for years on the Yahoo! sports forums, but stopped when they reformatted them to a more threadlike MLive type of of messageboard, which I disliked, and since Yahoo! along with ESPN is national their sports messageboards are overrun with trolls and young brats using the family laptop to threadjack interesting topics

Quote Originally Posted by Zimm View Post
    Dyes should stick to what it's best at: a community news forum and an outlet for people to call one another racist or accuse them of having a suburban superiority complex...
    I think athletics play a major role in community news thank you very much...

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    I think athletics play a major role in community news thank you very much...
    There is nothing that I know of that unites a community as much as a long and successful play off run! Funny how there are very few disagreements at a championship parade.
    GO WINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I was sent to Northwestern University for a traffic course by the DPD in 1972. Turned out my room mate was a captain in the Green Bay PD. We struck up a friendship that every year saw us going to Green Bay for the Pack/Lions game, and Eli and his wife coming to Detroit for the same. We ended up spending so much time in Green Bay that I fell in love with the place, and years ago traded my Lions' loyalty for the Pack.

Also went up there in the summer for some golf, and I shudder to recall how many old fashioneds I downed on the 19th hole.
    There are/were many Cubs/Brewers/Bucks/Packers fans in the SW/NW/UP areas of Michigan due to the closer proximity of the cities of Chicago, Green Bay, and Milwaukee. Before the advent of cable connections and satellite dishes, over the air TV broadcasts across Lake Michigan from Wisconsin and Illinois were clearer signals, obtained using their large rooftop and tower antennas.

Yes, a DYes sports thread would be interesting.

Bump. The sports fans want a sports forum. I'm not a sports fan, and I want a sports forum. Make it so, Number One!

I think Lowell will make it happen once he gets some free time. I'm sure he doesn't want the focus on this site to get too cluttered with a bunch of different topics, but adding a sports section is not much of a distraction. Keep this thread visible and I'm sure when he sees it he will begin working on it. It may take a few weeks as running a successful website is time consuming but I'm confident he'll make it happen.

Btw, Gooooo Wings! to the Penguins . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I think Lowell will make it happen once he gets some free time. I'm sure he doesn't want the focus on this site to get too cluttered with a bunch of different topics, but adding a sports section is not much of a distraction. Keep this thread visible and I'm sure when he sees it he will begin working on it. It may take a few weeks as running a successful website is time consuming but I'm confident he'll make it happen.

Btw, Gooooo Wings! to the Penguins . . .
    Go Wings Indeed, and...Go Tigers! Go Pistons! Go Lions! Go Shock! Go Spartans...Go...Wolverines...

SPORTS FORUM! RIGHT BELOW NON-DETROIT!

No: to a Sports Forum

Why doesn't one the administrators either indicate a thumbs up or down on this idea, which worked very well on the old forum.

The Tigers thread has 1,800 plus views and would have many times that if it wasn't so difficult to find.

Well, WonderWoman with 4 posts, and a May join date says no...so...no sports forum EVERYONE else
    Last edited by d.mcc; May-28-09 at 09:04 PM.

Ravine Guest

I'm all for a Sports Forum, and I appreciate d.mcc's nod.

I suspect that there is a respectable amount of enthusiasm for sports, within this forum, but individual topics which are not blazing hot tend to sink down the thread-list quickly, and that contributes to an "out of sight, out of mind" condition. Obviously, a Sports Forum heading would draw attention.

I am paying as much attention as ever to the baseball season, but I have not participated in much discussion of it here, partly because it just doesn't seem to get much attention on DY, and a large part of the attention it gets comes in the form of unnecessary game re-caps and tiresome echoes of points-of-view heard & read in the local media.
    I mean, just as a f'r'instance, Mike Valenti. I like Mike a lot; he's fun to listen to. But, Mike Valenti is quite young. His brashness can be refreshing, but he can be a bit impulsive, too. I'm OK with Valenti being an Ordonez-basher, but it irritates me when folks who are older, and should be more level-headed, jump right into line with him.

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

It's good to see our rotation shaping up. But um...what's up with Armando?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast