Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Top 10 Censored News Topics and Events

The biggest Censored news report is the Kennedy Assassination and Watergate and the "Bay of Pigs" connection.

Top ten stuff that is forced on us, without any justification or explanation.

The Chiemgau impact crater is interesting , but I don't see it affecting our major concerns today.
    I heard a story about the Mosquito, probably on NPR. The Strait of Juan de Fuca story happened in 1997 and probably would have disturbed negotiations at the time. That's like saying that the city and the suburbs should stop talking because one Detroiter gets shot by someone in the suburbs. It sounds like grist for conspiracy theorists. Invasive species are hardly unique to New Zealand. The meteor strike in Bolivia is interesting but again, not related to the U.S. except for the resultant rumors. PBS's "Frontline" did a story on Gulf War illness and USA Today did a story on anti-oxidants and GWI in 2010. The Prince Charles story is believable given the way the secretiveness of the Royals. I don't see how the climate change story was censored. I think it got a lot of play, more than it deserved.

The real story is how our sources of info are drying up because most media outlets are owned by about 8 companies. A person on the median income here has a hard time finding info, not propaganda, that s/he can afford.
    Last edited by maxx; August-14-11 at 11:30 AM.

and you know what? your just a fucking asshole. f*ck you

I think your presence here is forced on us without justification or explanation. I post what I want under non-detroit issues and clearly title the thread. Somebody might find it interesting, somebody might not. But it's negative comments from idiots like you I find offensive. If you don't want to open the thread or read any of the link then DON'T Sorry it bothered you so much you actually had to take the time to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    My meaning was that people post links here without any explanation of what I was going to open up. I've had to use the internet services for two years in a crowded public library, where a few times a forum link directed me to something not quite appropriate. I should have explained that with the posting. Sorry it came across that way. How many times have we seen postings like below. I would just like to see little more info. But people will slam me again for being a forum cop. My bad, Mizmotown.

"Here - watch this !"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ydb...eature=related

apology accepted... lol

Anyone know of any organization that makes it their business to detect news censorship? Something like that would be fascinating to monitor, IMHO.

Google finds only 7 hits for "censored news" and none for "suppressed news." I find that hard to believe. That's either a very good thing or a very bad thing.

"Fukushima" and "Murdock" have been getting far less coverage lately but searching for those terms does find stories.

I get the impression that there is no hope of ever limiting the forever-disseminating radiation from Fukushima yet no one seems to want to discuss that.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    apology accepted... lol
    I would like to quote from a book from my favorite lady,and the third book of her's I've read :

My name is Chelsea Handler and I am not proud of myself. I have made a career out of being a misanthrope with the maturity level of an eight-year-old who had to repeat the third grade several times. Am I pleased with myself? Sort of, but I am definitely not proud. I know that I should be more mature than I am, and I have sometimes tried to curb my behavior, but it never seems to take. I have come to terms with what I have to offer the world, and what it is -isn't mind blowing.
    In short, why should we have to explain ourselves ? We are what we are.