Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

agrahlma Guest

Default 10 most powerful people in Metro Detroit - Yahoo Article

Interesting -- Dan Gilbert is not on the list. Who esle should be on [[or not on) this list?

http://news.yahoo.com/10-most-powerf...175000413.html

Huel Perkins? Charles Pugh? Kim Worthy? Please. I'm surprised they didn't include Geoffery Feiger.

Power isn't primarily held by public figures or publicity hounds.

Where's Taubman, Farbman, Forbes, Penske? They wield their power without resorting to publicists.

That list is not serious.

Agree with Carey. List is not at all serious. The sort of list Regis Philbin would read aloud before the station cuts to a Cheerios commercial. Not interesting. Next question.

agrahlma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Woodward's Cousin View Post
    Agree with Carey. List is not at all serious. The sort of list Regis Philbin would read aloud before the station cuts to a Cheerios commercial. Not interesting. Next question.
    The sad part is that I think he was trying to be serious. [[SA)

You're right, it seems that the author was trying to be serious in compiling the list. If not sad, at least in need of a new hobby.

I agree that Richard Manoogian, Al Taubman, Roger Penske, Peter Karmanos and Dan Gilbert should be on the list. And they were wise to list both Mike AND Marion Ilitch... they are a duo powerhouse.... and collectively I would have added the Ford Family [[especially William Clay Sr. & Jr. & Edsel II).

How does Huel Perkins compare to some of the ones I just mentioned??

Not a well thought out list...

I'm surprised Matty Moroun is on that list. They won't let him build his bridge. They ordered him to build new access ramps to the Ambassador. They ordered him to demolish his US Duty Free shop. He is constantly bashed by groups over the MCS and even had City Hall threaten him with a demolition order over it. What kind of power is that?

If he had any power in metro, he would have had his bridge done by now instead of getting pushed around by every judge and politician under the sun. All he has is lots of money, but he doesn't have power over metro.

HUEL PERKINS?! Sorry, Carmen Harlan has more influence than him...what a complete joke!