Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 2011 ford escape

anyone drive one? any negatives or positives? we've been looking for a new car and they have pretty decent incentives right now.

I have a 2008 Ford Escape with the 4-cylinder engine, Maof. I'm very happy with it, It currently has 60,000 miles on it and I'll run that sucker up to 200,000 before I'm ready to dump it. In fact, I'll be taking yet another drive to Michigan and back to home in NV in two weeks. Gas mileage on the highway will be close to 35 mpg, with 25 to 27 normal in heavy city driving.

The only problem I had was a recall for a faulty transmission fluid line, which Ford fixed free. I'm also able to haul just about anything I want in the back end; there's plenty of room. The rear seats fold down quickly and easily to give you full cargo space if needed.

Only thing I didn't like was the head rests for the back seat. They obscured 80% of my rear-view mirror view, so I just pulled the damn things out.

If you go for it, be sure to ask the dealer to show you where the storage compartment is for the tire jack and wrench. It's really hidden!

thanks ray. i have to agree with the head rest in back, particularly the middle one. that's the first thing i told the sales person when i test drove one. a little smaller than my van but something i have to get used to.

I bought a 2011 Mazda Tribute instead of the Escape because it was listed 1000$ less than the Ford which is nearly identical. I took out the headrest in the middle too. It runs pretty good, but then its only 3 months used and 8000 kms on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the incentives carry through to next year. The US version of the Escape is set to be replaced by the global Escape next year.

I have a 2000 with the V6 that has over 250,000 miles on it. Still runs great. It will become my nieces vehicle next month when she gets her drivers license.

thanks you guys, the incentives right now are $3,000 cash back, 0% financing and pretty sure runs thru october. the guy i'm working with just signed me up for a brochure and i received another $750 off. i have 2 family members and a friend to get their plan as well so we should do pretty good. to be honest, i really don't like the "square" look of it but i've had it with chrysler and the gm alternative is a little out of the price range.