Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lousey mail service

We recently moved to a house we have owned for a few years.Our front yard is fenched. We have three dogs. Since moving in I have made sure our [[inherited ) dogs are not in the front yard unless I or someone else are out with them. The post lady pulls up today, I walk to the fence she gives me my mail and bitches. Not much I could do about the dogs when I didn't live here. She wants me to put a box on the fence.

I am self employed and was expecting a rather large check. Sat on the porch for two days. The Postal worker never showed. Hard to believe that no one on this block had zippo mail. Also was expecting a check from an inheritance. My sister who also lives in Detroit got hers Wednesday I got mine Saturday.

Weigh in on this matter. Do I go in and bitch? Do I stick a box on my fench?

I totally agree that if the dogs are out she has every right not to deliver. But I can guarantee that since moving in that has not been the case. I find one to two day a week delivery unexceptable.

Default Lurn to Spel

'Lousy' & 'unacceptable' - good luck with the mail, it's only going to get 'wurs'...

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    She wants me to put a box on the fence.
    Simple solution. You want your mail, put a box on the fence or go to your local P.O. and rent a box and pick it up yourself.
    Last edited by Roq; July-30-11 at 10:28 AM. Reason: add info

Put a box on the fence - it won't cost much. I think any home with dogs should have a box on the fence. But mail service is lousy too. I have a family member who delivers mail in Detroit and she takes mail home if she doesn't finish, which is quite often.

At this stage of the game - go get a P.O. Box. There are only so many personal things you should post. I don't post very often - but I do read the other posts. I know you put a lot of personal info in your posts....as in where you live, where the house is that you inherited, that you rent the house...etc., etc. - but now you are telling the world about checks you are expecting in the mail....what are you thinking???? And...it is the US Post Office...not the Detroit Post Office....I suggest you delete "Lousey Mail Service" before too many people see it... or delete the posts where you tell where you live, rent out property, etc. And Lousy has no "e"

Imagine how many times your mail carrier has been told "The dog's nice, he won't bite." Or how many times they have been surprised [[Or bitten) by a dog that was supposed to be locked up, or in the back yard?

Why not just spend the $10 and put a box on your fence? Never piss off the people serving your food, or those delivering your mail. =)
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-30-11 at 10:54 AM.

Put a box on the fence. Why should she take your word that the dogs won't bite?

Mailboxes around here are not on the houses. They are grouped together at side of the road so delivery can be made to all the addresses at once. I have to walk a couple houses down and across the street to get my mail [[and paper, for that matter). If our post office person does not feel like coming down our street on any given day, then she doesn't, and that's usually a Saturday, or a very snowy day, or whenever. If our regular mail person is off, we don't get mail because her sub 'forgets' our neighborhood. So, I often don't receive mail when I expect to. An interesting thing I recently learned is, my local post office has an unlisted telephone number. You cannot reach them by phone unless you call the main regional office and pitch a bitch.

I have noticed uncertain mail delivery in my neighborhood lately too. I used to know the delivery person, it was usually one person, now it looks like it's somebody different most every time I see them, and the service is spotty. I've been attributing it to all the different carriers. Our mailboxes are on the edge of the road, not on the house, so we don't get a lot of face to face contact.

A post office box might work but it does cost. Just want my mail delivered.

Yes I put a little too much personal info on this forum. My Mom died, we moved. My husband has Parkinson's and I don't plan to live long after he is gone. Don't bother with the violins. Listened to Mozart and Vivaldi this morning. Exqusite [[sp)

The adjustments have been hugh, at least for me. Mostly haven't posted much lately.

So what if I do whine! Try doing 4 very loved familly and friends in home hospice over 4 years Takes a bit out of one. A new one coming up.

Since I am sharing more personal info. I will have been married 37 yrs this August. My husband and I decided we would live a few more years. He is a very special person

Thank you for the spelling correction.

S

You know...don't think that you are the only one.
    My husband died. This year ...5 months ago. Would have been married 36 years this year.
    Had him at home in hospice for the last month of his battle with cancer.
    I'll take those violins. My husband was a special person, too.
    Since you enjoyed the first spelling correction...Hugh is a name...HUGE means BIG.

Detroit _uke I am so sorry for your loss! I have lost five very special people to me. To lose a husband is very hard! My sweetie was in the hospital for 4 days. Soooo sucks. He did promise me he would live a bit longer.

Funny I was bitching about mail service. Now we are talking griief. I am sending those violins to you. Mozart is awesome. Hugs too! So hard to lose someone you love.

Sumas

Thank you for your kind words and hugs. We are all the walking wounded.

So what if I do whine! Try doing 4 very loved familly and friends in home hospice over 4 years Takes a bit out of one. A new one coming up.
    I have lived alone for 30 years. Love the one you're with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I have lived alone for 30 years. Love the one you're with.
    love you big..

Mailman walks up to a house and asks the owner, "Does your dog bite?"
    The home owner responds, "No he doesn't"
    The dog then bites the mailman and he says, "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite."
    The home owner responds, "That's not my dog and where's my fucking mail."

Lame joke, but it's the only one that would fit.

This thread is kind of depressing.

With so many dogs running wild in the city, I'm surprised you ever get any mail.
    Remember the phrase "Don't fight city hall"?

I have had no problems with the US Postal service. If I had dogs, or a fenced yard, I would either put the box at the fence, or, more likely, get a PO Box.
    Slightly off subject: I still remember when the mall person actually delivered twice, some days!