Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mariha Smith murder confirmed.....

May whoever did this rot in hell after he's caught by a friend of the family and sent to that self-same place.

Horrific! Thanks for the update. I was hoping it wasn't her... so sad!

Now is the time for a short DEATH sentence. $40,000 a year is too good for these inmates.

I'm totally frustrated that the camera image of the suspect purchasing 40c of gas is so bad.
    What possible good is having surveillance cameras to simply record that "someone" came into a store, killed a clerk and emptied the register? You can tell that from the dead clerk and empty register.
    The best use of cameras are to identify a person who was in a particular place at a particular time. A cell-phone quality image from twenty feet away is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
    I'm totally frustrated that the camera image of the suspect purchasing 40c of gas is so bad.
    What possible good is having surveillance cameras to simply record that "someone" came into a store, killed a clerk and emptied the register? You can tell that from the dead clerk and empty register.
    The best use of cameras are to identify a person who was in a particular place at a particular time. A cell-phone quality image from twenty feet away is useless.
    I've bought Infrared cameras from Harbor Freight that are far better for $30. It blows my mind that people in business would scrimp on security cameras. And that goes for banks too.

That specific gas station is nasty, grimmed-up horrible and it's amazing the cameras were working at all... They do have bullet proof glass as they'd need at the corner of Livernois and Davison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I've bought Infrared cameras from Harbor Freight that are far better for $30. It blows my mind that people in business would scrimp on security cameras. And that goes for banks too.

The guy at the gas station is probably a red herring anyway.
    He could have been buying that lttle gas for a lawn mower.
    Besides, isnt it illegal to for the gas station to fill something like that?

Perhaps... Most legitimate gas stations however will NOT allow you to fill out a can with some change in gas. You have to use a red official gas can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle St. View Post
    The guy at the gas station is probably a red herring anyway.
    He could have been buying that lttle gas for a lawn mower.
    Besides, isnt it illegal to for the gas station to fill something like that?

Buy American Guest

Is it true that the guy put .41 cents worth of gas in a empty beer can? I thought it was illegal for anyone to put gas in anything but an official gas container. The idiot at the gas station should have suspected something just from that alone. When the person who did this horrific thing to this young child gets caught, he/she better stay clear of the family because I don't think they would last too long if they got their hands on him/her.

The mother last sees the kid at 3:30am and doesn't notice she's missing until noon the next day? She also admits she was passed out drunk? Nice.

UPDATE: Community event to be held in honor of Mariha Smith

Family wants justice one year after Mariha was found dead

Smith's family has been raising money for the event being held on July 15, which would have been her sixth birthday. The celebration will be held at the Lipke Center at 19320 Van Dyke in Detroit. Community members can attend the event from noon until 6 p.m. Smith's family sold water bottles to help fund the celebration that aims to share love.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/C...p/-/index.html

Parents putting their children to bed at 3:00 AM. No contact until nearly noon. People pumping gas into beer cans. Rape and murder of a young child. This is beyond sad. Hopeless?

Horace Guest

the mother and everyone else involved in this girl's life are just as responsible as the perp who killed her. these kids have no chance living like animals with no supervision. how many low-life baby daddies meander in and out the these shacks they live in. these kids are sleeping in the living rooms of these ramshackles because their mommas are in the bedrooms making more siblings.
    snyder will spend millions rehabbing these ghettos but the culture will remain.