Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anybody Else Going to Maker Faire? [Pics]

It is an amusing and through-provoking display of zany inventions and creations. http://makerfaire.com/detroit/2011/ Saturday and Sunday at the Henry Ford.

Set in the midst of the Henry Ford Museum and its history of machines and inventions adds flavor and context to this gathering of hacker spacers, tinkerers and garage inventors. Some pics from last year.

I am considering going

My wife and I plan on going unless the weather makes it unbearable to hang out in the Henry Ford Museum parking lot....

The folks at Make magazine are really fabulous people...and I believe the success this event had surprised them last year. I don't think they INTENDED on having it here again...but with the return it should be even better.

I had intended on going...but this weekend is my 30th high school reunion, and now there is a memorial on Sunday for poet/musician Blair.

I will try to volunteer for cleanup next week...but will unfortunately have to miss the whole event.

If you have any interest in inventions...artwork from reclaimed materials...those robot fights...or if you know what a HackerSpace is and lust to join one...or have children who you wish to instill a strong desire to create neat solutions [[and not merely wait for whatever is served up by corporations)...this event will be well worth your time and money.

Cheers,
    John