Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default I'm looking for places to metal detect......

Researching metal detecting sites is actually how I stumbled on Dyes.com [[Going on 5 years ago). I'm still detecting, and always looking for promising sites in and around Metro Detroit.

What I'm really after is disturbed soil! Over the years coins, jewelry and other items sink into the ground, and often times the older stuff is out of reach of even the best metal detectors. When an area is stripped of the top layer of soil [[Constuction, demolition, etc) it makes it much easier to detect and the finds are often much older.

If anyone happens to notice any areas in older neighborhoods where this is happening I would love to know about it. Sidewalk tear outs, roadwork, grading around historic homes. Any place that is public property, or where I could possibly gain permission from the landowners to detect.

If anyone happens to see a place that I might be I might be interested in please send me message! Thanks!

Not sure if this helps but there are many sidewalk corners being torn up all over the East Side. They tear up the old concrete first and it usually sits there for a few days before they pour the new concrete. If youve driven around the hoods Im sure you've seen them.

Thanks Django! I have noticed that they have been doing those for a while. The only issue is I'm about an hour outside of Detroit, and those curb corners don't offer much of an area to detect [[Takes about 5 minutes). I'd really like to find some areas where a fairly large area is torn up given that I'll have about 2 hours of driving.