Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The New Pontiac Train/Bus Depot on south bound Wide Track [[Woodward Ave)

Though not in Detroit, there is a new Train/Bus Depot on south bound Wide Track
    [[Woodward Ave) in Pontiac. It has been built [[completed in about June), but not yet open.

It will service the Amtrack line and has a bus stop in front. Looks very nice and has furnishing inside. The parking lot is paved, but it's closed [[orange barrels).

They are still using the long time [[temporary) trailer depot just south of the new depot.

I plan on using it for a DownTown Detroit connection. I'll just park there and take the bus to Detroit and back. So I wont need a car when going to the river front, ect.

But when is it going to open? Anyone out there know?

It opened on August 8. Here's a story:

http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,4669,7...0428--,00.html

Hopefully it will be a tad more successful than the previous version, which lasted about 2 years before being largely closed off, and was then demolished a decade later.

Is this mostly for SMART?
    Last edited by Bham1982; August-11-11 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Meller View Post
    Though not in Detroit, there is a new Train/Bus Depot on south bound Wide Track [[Woodward Ave) in Pontiac[/B]
    I suggest you read the goals of this website:

"Detroit. What went wrong? How can we heal it? Where are we going?
    The DetroitYES! Project takes on these questions by providing a cyberspace setting where an audience of those who care can meet, discuss, and discover the way forward toward resolution of the the complex and evolving issues facing the struggling Detroit-Windsor international metropolis."

Pontiac qualifies. Don't sweat it.

Looks a lot better than the previous version.