Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What's a good place to go swimming?

i currently go to Adams-Butszel but the summer hours are really cramping me.

Bally's pools are too cold, too shallow and too gross grimy feeling.

Anyone know of any clean [[reasonably) warm olympic-like pools around town?

Millinder Center's gym has a good pool.

The Colman Young Center has the best pool around and it's Olympic sized and has a 12 foot deep end in an atrium setting. The only draw back is the schedule open adult is only one hour and sometime the schedule changes for no reason. I haven't been to the pool at Cranbrook but it's Cranbrook and I would expect to to be nice. The Downtown Y has a nice pool and the yacht club on Belle Ilse has both indoor and outdoor pools open 24 / 7 / 365.

Oh yeah, P.S.
    The Plymouth Bally's has a nice pool [[25 ft.) and it's clean and properly chlorinated.

The Boll Family YMCA has two pools. The family pool starts with zero depth and then slowly slopes to perhaps five feet. Right next to it is the lap pool where the water temp is a bit cooler. Both pools, IIRC, are 75 feet in length and are almost always open during the Y's hours.

Chandler Park they need all the gate reciepts they can get!

You could always take the Ford House tour in GP Shores, wear a swimsuit and use their pool.

Seriously, Boll is probably your best bet

Red Run River in Sterling Heights...you can enjoy some nice amber colored water

Speaking of pools, does anyone know the story behind Brennan Pool? I can't seem to find any info on it besides old stories...... Occasionally we still sneak in there and jump that thing, what a jump!

DAC [[Detroit Athletic Club) nice clean pool.

I've never been to the water park but the hotel goes way overboard trying to please:

Best Western Sterling Inn Indoor Water Park

Boll is super expensive though. July join fee is free, but jumps to $150 next week. Then it's $63 a month for an individual membership, unless you work for a company that's part of their discount program. But you will also have access to several other Y's across the region.