Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Fourteen East

Default Fourteen East

I had been to the Fourteen East coffee shop. It is a nice spot. The grand opening is this Friday and Saturday. Love the atmosphere and the coffee.

They do have excellent coffee!

Love it! Went there this morning. Highly recommended if you want a place to sit and meet and/or work. Joanne and her husband are friendly people, there's free/cheap parking nearby, and the ambiance is great.

I've been meaning to walk over there from WSU, as I'm not a fan of Starbucks. I didn't want to make the trip due to the heat last week but I'll hopefully give it a try this week.

The owner had said that she wanted her coffee shop to be a place for young and old alike. She is trying to have seating outside but have to get permission from the city to have seating. The area is becoming alive. Paris Crepes next door and a t shirt store. Parking is free for 2 hours in the structure if you get a receipt from the coffee shop.

For those who've not seen Fourteen East yet:

Name:  Screen shot 2011-08-10 at 11.29.16 AM.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  36.0 KB

do they have good mocha espresso?

agrahlma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    For those who've not seen Fourteen East yet:

Name:  Screen shot 2011-08-10 at 11.29.16 AM.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  36.0 KB
    Wow - very nice, thanks for the pic.

I am picky about my coffee, and I have to say that the coffee was great the one time I stopped in. They use coffee roasted by Chazzano in Ferndale. This is third wave coffee: pour-overs, vacuum pots, plus espresso drinks. A very comfortable, well-designed shop. I will definitely stop in whenever I'm in the neighborhood.