Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    blksoul_x Guest

Default 'Same Sex Marriage'? Is it natural?

In its most natural extension, what is the advantage of a 'same sex marriage'? Is it a civil right to marry what/or whom ever you choose? Why is it that the 'gay/lesbian/bi-sexual' community believe that there is a need for exclusive/inclusive 'special rights' in their so-called community. Is it fair for the gay/lesbian/bi-sexual believers to compare or group the Black civil rights struggle in with their current struggles,beliefs, and agendas.

I understand that this is a growing and ongoing discussion, perhaps due to the growing political ramifications attached. I personally don't agree in same sex beliefs. I believe, that there ought to be laws promoted to help keep humans from self-harm. I'm not promoting that 'gay' behavior is harmful, however, I believe gay philosophy, if you will, negates the future advancement and production between a man and women, that is to say, in its most natural state, the marriage between a man and a women is essential for human development, where as, same-sex marriage can be an impediment [[similar to any anatomic dysfunction) to human development. In the universal order [[which I think includes natural biological processes ), same-sex, is a disadvantage to human procreation/reproduction/and ultimately existence.

Are you for same sex marriage or are you against? Do we want to began to open Pandora's box for other numerous behavior paraphilias/or sexual deviationisms, and those supporters that wish the right to 'legally' practice their orders ? Is this human evolution, or is this another 'nail-in the-coffin,' if you will, toward the destruction of mankind?

I'm interested in your opinions toward this matter.

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the Color you love to hate!

If you are fortunate enough to find someone who you love and they love you, then what's more natural than that? I don't get what the fuss is all about, if you don't believe in same sex marriage, then I suggest you not marry someone of your own sex. I think that there are issues that the country should be discussing I.E. the economy, the environment, and being at war on two different fronts, that are more crucial to our survival, than who gets to love and marry who.

Homosexuality and bisexuality have existed since before recorded time, it just wasn't as "exposed" to the masses as it is now. Personally, I feel that males swapping spit in public is a huge turnoff and repulsive to witness, but obviously females doing so is not as socially unacceptable in many situations, such as college age females at bars and on spring break [[you never see DVDs of "Guys Gone Wild" being advertised on TV). Male frontal nudity earns an X rating in movies, but female frontal nudity or two females engaged in sexual intimacy [[minus closeup oral sex) rates only an R..go figure...
    Last edited by Flanders; May-27-09 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    Is it a civil right to marry what/or whom ever you choose?
    Why wouldn't it be? Seriously, who the hell is the government to tell you or me whoever who we can marry?

"In its most natural extension, what is the advantage of a 'same sex marriage'? Is it a civil right to marry what/or whom ever you choose? "

It is a state supported dedication to a monogomous relationship. Adding what is condescending and speaks to your attitude about it.

"Why is it that the 'gay/lesbian/bi-sexual' community believe that there is a need for exclusive/inclusive 'special rights' in their so-called community"

What special rights? The same rights that hetero couples get? Claiming 'special rights' is a red herring when it is just an expectation of equal rights. Was the civil rights movement about getting 'special rights'? Of course not. Just as this is not about special rights, just equal rights.

"Is it fair for the gay/lesbian/bi-sexual believers to compare or group the Black civil rights struggle in with their current struggles,beliefs, and agendas"

Yes of course both groups have faced struggles in the past btu it is not to say that the struggles have been the same.

"I believe, that there ought to be laws promoted to help keep humans from self-harm. I'm not promoting that 'gay' behavior is harmful, however, I believe gay philosophy, if you will, negates the future advancement and production between a man and women, that is to say, in its most natural state, the marriage between a man and a women is essential for human development, where as, same-sex marriage can be an impediment [[similar to any anatomic dysfunction) to human development."

How exactly is it an impendiment? If gay marriage is approved will hetero couples stop having children? The belief that marriage is to result in children is an outdated belief. If you really believe it to be the case then marriages should be absolved if people do not have children.

"In the universal order [[which I think includes natural biological processes ), same-sex, is a disadvantage to human procreation/reproduction/and ultimately existence".

Existence, yes. Happiness, no. Marriage is not an instituation that is in place to promote pro-creation. It is a union of two people to pledge their love and life to each other. There is no reason we as a society should prevent loving adults from doing this.

"Are you for same sex marriage or are you against?"

100% for.

"Do we want to began to open Pandora's box for other numerous behavior paraphilias/or sexual deviationisms, and those supporters that wish the right to 'legally' practice their orders ? Is this human evolution, or is this another 'nail-in the-coffin,' if you will, toward the destruction of mankind?"

Hetero couples have done enough to open this Pandora's box. Equating sexuality to deviancy, especially in marriage is a bs argument. Sexual deviancy and sexual orientation have no parallels as they are in both homo and hetero people.

The destruction of mankind has been driven by the likes of heteros for thousands of years. I challenge you to point out what the homsexual community has done to lead to the destruction of mankind?

It seems to me that many of the 'issues' you see with gay marriage are prevalent in hetero marriages.

8 year old organizes marriage equality rally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKB4sOdy-PI

lilpup Guest

It can be argued that homosexuality is a natural evolutionary response to over-population. Unlimited pro-creation is not a positive thing. Not only does homosexuality reduce the likelihood of pro-creation but it also provides caregivers for children who have lost their biological parents.

The fact that homosexuality is passed on through the maternal line is a strong indicator that it's an evolutionary element meant to persist rather than die out.

Are you for equal rights for all, or equal rights for some? As long as it's a civic, legal contract, it's wrong to ban some people from marriage.

Marriage is unnatural anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    How exacltly is gay marriage a threat to marriage?
    Simple: a guy is married and a gay homophobe. legalize gay marriage, and suddenly it might make him realize that he is really gay, and he would end his marriage to stop living a lie

What kills me is that it is the same morons who go on and on about the "nanny state" who seem to have no problem with the government telling you whom to marry, no problem with the government spying on what you check out of the library, no problem with the government tapping your phone line w/o warrants, etc. etc.

With over 70% of Detroit's children being born into families with no fathers in the home, I think you can find something better than "the gay agenda" to blame for disintegration of the family structure.

Gay/Lesbians have always want the hetrosexual to stay out of their business, so I think they should keep their business to themselves rather than go to the government and before the public asking for the right to be acknowledged as man and wife.

Isn't it THEIR government too?

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    Gay/Lesbians have always want the hetrosexual to stay out of their business, so I think they should keep their business to themselves rather than go to the government and before the public asking for the right to be acknowledged as man and wife.

Blarf Guest

Has anyone's life been negativily affected by two gays getting married?

On the flip side, there isn't one straight man who would object to two hot lesbians getting married.

It is so easy to separate different people out and then we can legislate for the ones we designate are not like us. Whenever the discussion gets into "we" and "They" there is trouble afoot. Good call up there, many states had laws against miscegenation forbidding people of different races to marry, specifically, whites could not marry blacks, Asians or American Indians, depending on which state. Such state laws were enforced through the first 2/3 of the twentieth century. The 1967 Supreme Court ruling in Loving vs Virgina declared all such laws unconstitutional. Yet here we go again...

the lack of understanding of an individuals love and humanity never ceases to amaze me..we are talking about the one of the ultimate expressins of love between to people and if two people find it why should we not accept it...after all we are not going to break the two up..so why not let them have the same benefits and have their expression of love out there for their families to celebrate.

After reading this thread I am beginning to think that the only people who object to same sex marriage are the ones who know the secret foot tapping code in airport mens rooms and or have sleep overs for the alter boys at the parish rectory.

LodgeDodger Guest

Of course, it's natural. Silly.

ccbatson Guest

Natural or not...who cares? Whether or not it is a vehicle for expanding entitlements is my concern....by "my" I mean as a taxpayer.

Pesky entitlements like having access to your loved one when they are on a deathbed? Pesky entitlements like having access to your child in the hospital [[since only one may be listed as a parent).

I wish the anti gay marriage crowd went to see their dying spouse at the hospital just to be turned away due to a clerical error. For thatbrief moment they could see what gay couples face due to their opposition to gay marriage.

Default Gay Marriage

Not to thread jack but whats the secret foot tapping code used in mens rooms by gays. I never heard of this before, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbo View Post
    Not to thread jack but whats the secret foot tapping code used in mens rooms by gays. I never heard of this before, just curious.
    go to google and put in " gay bathroom sex tap foot" and there is more information on this than either you or I need to know.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    On the flip side, there isn't one straight man who would object to two hot lesbians getting married.
    unless he doesn't get to watch

detmich Guest

No more unnatural than two heterosexuals being married for life. For many folks Monogamy is unnatural.

Your question is stupid, not you BLK_SEX, your question.

Love, or lust, or whatever it is that leads people to marry, is usually natural. I really don't understand why people care who marries whom when it doesn't truly affect them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast