Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default For Detroit Genealogists

Hi you guys,

Mt. Elliott Cemetery Association now has a searchable index for burials. It's not the most complete list I've seen, but I managed to find a lot of information on my Ancestors.

Anyway, thought I would pass it along.

http://www.mtelliott.com/genealogy

Thanks for posting that. I'd forgotten exactly which section my paternal grandfather was buried.

I was finally able to find his name by searching using his first name and only the initial of his last name, after trying every alternative spelling I could think of for our frequently misspelled Polish surname. It's misspelled on the grave marker, so I don't believe it's a mistake in the database entry.

Thanks! Woodmere Cemetery also has a searchable database: http://www.woodmerecemeteryresearch.com/records.php

Found my great-grandparents cremation records here. My great-grandfather died in the last small pox outbreak in Detroit in 1924.

Thanks DtCtyGrl! Turns out I have a Great Great Uncle there.

PS - That is the first index I've seen where they list a cause of death.