Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Lee Alan

Default Lee Alan

Does anyone remember Lee Alan on the horn on WXYZ radio?

I certainly do. Here's a link to an old forum on Soulful Detroit:
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/archives/1...tml?1023820984

I remember Lee Alan well. The song about his horn "from Pakistan" still bounces around in my head occasionally. I remember when he wrecked his Vette and was off the radio for a LONG time. And his trip to interview the Beatles. I have that entire interview on tape, as well as a 45 rpm short version that he sent to those who sent him get well cards.

Yes, Lee "The Horn" Alan and his side kick Joel Sebastion on their WXYZ radio show and also Saturday afternoons on Club 1270.

How about Jack the Bell Boy on WJBK and Robin Seymour on WKMH later WKNR and others Mickey Shore, Fred Wolf, Tom Shannon

Remember the "Wixie twin spin" ? I always liked the Michael story he told around Christmas. It reminded me of my dad's youngest brother who was a Korean vet and POW.

Check out this book about Detroit radio DJs back in the day by David A. Carson

http://www.amazon.com/Rockin-Down-Di.../dp/1879094622

One of the members of our confirmation class chose the name Sebastian as a nod to the WXYZ DJ.

Lee Alan...the "Cream of the Crop until 12 O'Clock"
    His close was "I Can't Get Started with You" by Frank Sinatra.
    "Watch how you drive that automobile and don't you dare turn it into 2000 lbs. of deadly weapon."
    "This is Lee Alan...and somehow, I'm still a glum one."

Great memories.

favorite line from the Sinatra song"
    "In Cincinnati or in Rangoon,
    I simply smile and all the gals swoon."

wasn't the sign-off line "... a couple of tons of deadly weapon"?

... and don't forget "Make It or Break It".

Daft...you're correct. And the opener was Les Elgart's "Zing went the Strings of My Heart."