Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 66 Eason: the fuzzy house

This one caught my eye on Google Street View. Can owners just ask Google to fuzz out their house? Not sure what earthly purpose that would serve.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=66+easo...nrVY9CIarpuKPw

Looks like maybe Dick Cheney moved to town.

Okay, that is strange. Can you do any other look up by that address to maybe find a reason ?

Maybe they had some naked OLD GUY sitting on the front porch!

Apparently anyone can request to have their home, car, etc. blurred out on Google Street View. I think the only reason we'll find here is that the person who lives at 66 Eason is a little on the paranoid side.

its horrible that someone can see online what they can see if they actually drove by the house... such an invasion of privacy... if I was google I would charge people to have their house blurred..... or tell them to suck it.....

Wonder how that illusion of privacy is working for 'em....now their address is posted on a community message board......well whatever helps them sleep at night.

Although panning around the area from the blurred house does show what I often tell people about Highland Park. That, despite its terrible reputation, there are many very nice blocks there with really beautiful 1920s houses kept up by caring homeowners.

We see governmental operations blurred out often...in one case an address of a fulfillment house out west for some bullshit pro-neocon propaganda was blurred in one frame, but if you 'drove' one house up or down the street...you could turn the camera and get a clear shot of the house. They apparently did a better job with THIS obfuscation. Funny they left the tree, though.

So, I'm guessing this is a safe house...witness protection...or something like that. Or it could be one of Arthur Blackwell's concubines and they didn't want his car in the driveway published...

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Although panning around the area from the blurred house does show what I often tell people about Highland Park. That, despite its terrible reputation, there are many very nice blocks there with really beautiful 1920s houses kept up by caring homeowners.
    Really? Many nice homes...there are two areas [[historic designated) that may have some nice homes..outside of that the majority of the rest of the city is full of abandoned properties that have been demolished or abandoned properties that should be demolished.....i.e. all of north point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post

So, I'm guessing this is a safe house...witness protection...or something like that. Or it could be one of Arthur Blackwell's concubines and they didn't want his car in the driveway published...

it doesn't make sense to blur out something like a safe house or a witness protection home, doing that they may as well put a label on the home that says "the snitch".... it would make more sense to have the house blend in with the surroundings, the blur makes it stick out like it needs some up close and in personal investigation...... just because you are erased from google earth doesn't mean you don't exist....

I know...I thought the same thing when I caught that one publishing house blurred in only the direct view!

Difference being, I searched out the address and found the blur...and tied the two together.

This was merely frivolous speculation...it is MUCH more likely one of Art Blackwell's booty calls...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post

This was merely frivolous speculation...it is MUCH more likely one of Art Blackwell's booty calls...
    the taxpayer listed at the address IS a woman.......

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    Really? Many nice homes...there are two areas [[historic designated) that may have some nice homes..outside of that the majority of the rest of the city is full of abandoned properties that have been demolished or abandoned properties that should be demolished.....i.e. all of north point.
    I'm not saying that Highland Park isn't a place with deep, deep problems. In fact, pretty much the same problems as the surrounding City of Detroit [[with an even more epically dysfunctional government). The North Point area you speak of or the devastation along Hamilton stand as strong evidence of that.

But, despite what seems like its reputation with many people as some sort of no-go zone, the two historic areas you speak of and some of the nearby streets do absolutely contain many very nice and well-kept homes. And all of HP has many homeowners, some of whom have been there for decades, who are struggling through under often difficult conditions.

Look around at Eason St. there and you can see well mowed lawns, tended gardens, and some very interesting looking houses. In fact, those areas of Highland Park have some of the most outstanding groupings of 1920s residential architecture in the Detroit area, including several examples of arts and crafts style bungalows that are otherwise quite rare around here.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I'm not saying that Highland Park isn't a place with deep, deep problems. In fact, pretty much the same problems as the surrounding City of Detroit [[with an even more epically dysfunctional government). The North Point area you speak of or the devastation along Hamilton stand as strong evidence of that.

But, despite what seems like its reputation with many people as some sort of no-go zone, the two historic areas you speak of and some of the nearby streets do absolutely contain many very nice and well-kept homes. And all of HP has many homeowners, some of whom have been there for decades, who are struggling through under often difficult conditions.

Look around at Eason St. there and you can see well mowed lawns, tended gardens, and some very interesting looking houses. In fact, those areas of Highland Park have some of the most outstanding groupings of 1920s residential architecture in the Detroit area, including several examples of arts and crafts style bungalows that are otherwise quite rare around here.
    Fair enough....you're right. I cannot argue with you on that.

If I would have known I could fuzz out my own residence I might have fuzzed "The Shack" a few yrs back when I lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    If I would have known I could fuzz out my own residence I might have fuzzed "The Shack" a few yrs back when I lived there.
    "Fuzz Shack". Isn't that an old song by the B-29's or something?

Side note: Eason is a street with beautiful arts and crafts style houses. What caught my eye in that scene was the classic airplane bungalow to the left. This area of HP along with the Southeast area are national register of historic homes districts.

Name:  Highland-Park-Airplane-bunbaglo.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  45.4 KB