Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Filming in Detroit

Does anybody know what is being filmed in the Clifford/Grand River Area? The location signs have a shamrock.

Quote Originally Posted by jscz View Post
    Does anybody know what is being filmed in the Clifford/Grand River Area? The location signs have a shamrock.
    The Boondock Saints, Part II?

yeah, i'm sure it's the irishman. they were filming on park between charlotte and peterboro. they are supposed to be back filming here in a couple days. the set they have set up is still there.

This is movie set in Cleveland
    Many movies have been set in Detroit but filmed somewhere else its now our turn to pretend to be another city.

Production staff wasn't very friendly, we got out of the car to watch the filming and was told to get off a public sidewalk.

They're using a friend's Corktown loft for some interiors.

it's the irishman. I met the producer at the bronx a couple of weeks ago.

The movie is the Irishman, the production company is S3EG out of Ferndale. Same company that did Gran Torino.

Do they need any extras? Channel 7 was supposed to have an announcement on their web site as to when and where. I havent heard or seen anything.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitcity View Post
    You expect them to say "hey you, bring some chairs and some popcorn and enjoy the show"???

They are filming a movie, not putting on a fireworks display.
    courtesy is always preferable.. .. of course, plenty of folks in security are just goons..

The Irishman, is a move about Danny Greene, a gangster that was killed by a car bomb in 1977. Growing up in Cleveland in the 70's, there was a lot of organized crime at that time. These guys were not the brightest, but they were sure brutal.
    In 1976 alone, 36 bombs exploded around the Cleveland area. It was soon to be called "Bomb City, U.S.A.". The use of Bombs, far from being solely used in the mob war with the Cleveland family, had become a favorite weapon in the Northeast Ohio underworld. The ATF was so inundated with blast investigations that they tripled their manpower in northeast Ohio.
    Should be an interesting movie.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitcity View Post
    You expect them to say "hey you, bring some chairs and some popcorn and enjoy the show"???

They are filming a movie, not putting on a fireworks display.
    No, thought they would offer me a cigar and a tumbler of single malt scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Not1ofthem View Post
    The movie is the Irishman, the production company is S3EG out of Ferndale. Same company that did Gran Torino.
    S3 is not a production company. They are not producing the Irishman nor did they produce Gran Torino. S3 provides production coordination services. If a production needs catering or vintage cars, S3 contacts people and companies that provides those services and connects them with the production. They sort of act as a middleman.

S3 also offers lighting gear rental as does longtime Michigan companies. Detroit Power & Light and Mid America. I mention this because most news stories about MI film production are little more than press releases for S3. Nothing against S3, just an indictment of the poor research done by far too many local writers and reporters.

I mention this because most news stories about MI film production are little more than press releases for S3. Nothing against S3, just an indictment of the poor research done by far too many local writers and reporters.
    You've noticed this trend, too, huh?

I rented my 1975 dodge van to S3 for filming this week.I have to go down tomorrow to pick up a check and the insurance papers.I'll try to get some pics...Dave

I saw them blow up a car at the Charlotte and Cass location earlier this evening.
    It happened just like it does in the movies.

Unfortunately I didn't have my cellphone/camera with me.

As I was on the phone with the transportation manager,he said they practing blowing up cars.The last one they where going to set off was going to destroy the car completly.

Quote Originally Posted by davemarc View Post
    As I was on the phone with the transportation manager,he said they practing blowing up cars.The last one they where going to set off was going to destroy the car completly.
    That sounds like a great way to help revitalize the U.S. auto industry.

I hear they have a 1975 dodge van scheduled to be blown up on Friday.

I guess that's what I heard when I was taking photos of the Adams tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    I hear they have a 1975 dodge van scheduled to be blown up on Friday.
    I heard the picture car coordinators need a '76 Datsun 210 for The Don Bolles Story

Rjij,I told them [[jokingly)blowing up was ok,as long as we stettled on an amount first....I paid 500 for the van,fixed up a few things to use it as a work van.It pays 150 a day,so I have no complaints