Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Sam vs. Joumana

Default Sam vs. Joumana

Who is Metro Detroit's top billboard attorney ?

I am leaning towards Joumana. Her ads are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by darwinism View Post
    Who is Metro Detroit's top billboard attorney ?

I am leaning towards Joumana. Her ads are everywhere.
    Joumana..hands down...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfzM-eC_Tos

So hot...and that accent...OMG I hope someone runs a red light and broadsides me

She looks a lot better in the video as opposed to the billboards. She didn't take the best photo for the billboard.

Is she actually a competent lawyer or is she just a front person?
    I love the line, "And now you can meet me in person."

Are people blind??? That thing [[Joumana) is hideous! Looks like a man! A plastic faced bleach blonde. Let's face it with a name like that I doubt her natural hair color is blonde! I will say she looks better in the video but pictures don't lie. Shes going after low-life's and scammers that imagine and fake injuries for some free money. Just like Sam does. Those billboards look about as good as a liquor ad. Really adds to the city.

Are you inferring that the collars don't match the cuffs?

Shocking.

Those billboards are ads for a lawyer? I thought that the billboards represented this woman:

http://www.orlan.net/

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Are you inferring that the collars don't match the cuffs?

Shocking.

It usually is...

There's another woman lawyer...can't remember her name...but she is all over the billboards too...Lodge, 96...she is fairly attractive. Her name starts with a c I think...not 100% certain though.

bartock Guest

If any of you have been inside a courtroom in the last 25 years, you've been in court more than Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    If any of you have been inside a courtroom in the last 25 years, you've been in court more than Sam.
    ...and yet he's the one driving the Bentley.

These folks don't actually try cases. They're just referral mills.

99.9% of their calls are forwarded to real law firms.

...Joumana Khayrouz, is it? She has an accent? where is she from?

--are these law firms as prominent as the ads would imply? who has known of someone that has won/settled a case with them? How much do they take in fees?

She's from Lebanon. Came here in her 20's and has a good bio. Read it here, her law firm is not just a referral mill.

http://www.joumanakayrouz.com/

I missed the curtains/ carpet joke! EXACTLY!

This whole thread... men! Hmph... :P

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ...Joumana Khayrouz, is it? She has an accent? where is she from?

--are these law firms as prominent as the ads would imply? who has known of someone that has won/settled a case with them? How much do they take in fees?
    Admittedly don't know about JK.

As for the rest, it depends. Generally speaking, the "top" law firms don't handle much of this sort of work, because they are corporate/banking type of firms.

For the advertising folks, Goodman Acker [[Shatner's firm) handles their own cases and they are good attorneys. Fieger - before the recent mutiny - is by all accounts barely tolerable to work for, but he pays really well and gets top talent. Bernstein used to send a number of cases to Fieger. Michael Morse's firm handles their own files, but is a millshop. Zamler, Mellon, Shiffman are like Bernstein. Both firms handle some files. Bernstein's firm handles less, and basically only keeps the dog bites and easy auto cases...and is usually handled by other attorneys you've never seen in any of their commercials. Carl Collins does much of his own work, but...

Anyways, referral work is great if you have the up front capital to back it. Contingent lawyers generally get 1/3 of a verdict/settlement. The referral fee paid [[by the lawyer) back to someone like Bernstein is 1/3 of that 1/3.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Admittedly don't know about JK.

As for the rest, it depends. Generally speaking, the "top" law firms don't handle much of this sort of work, because they are corporate/banking type of firms.

For the advertising folks, Goodman Acker [[Shatner's firm) handles their own cases and they are good attorneys. Fieger - before the recent mutiny - is by all accounts barely tolerable to work for, but he pays really well and gets top talent. Bernstein used to send a number of cases to Fieger. Michael Morse's firm handles their own files, but is a millshop. Zamler, Mellon, Shiffman are like Bernstein. Both firms handle some files. Bernstein's firm handles less, and basically only keeps the dog bites and easy auto cases...and is usually handled by other attorneys you've never seen in any of their commercials. Carl Collins does much of his own work, but...

Anyways, referral work is great if you have the up front capital to back it. Contingent lawyers generally get 1/3 of a verdict/settlement. The referral fee paid [[by the lawyer) back to someone like Bernstein is 1/3 of that 1/3.
    Thank you, bartock, for the insight on the business. It is interesting to peek behind the scenes on the money trail, in order to understand the rationale behind such aggressive advertising budget.

Driving across town again today, I noticed the newest Sam signs.

He's got to have the largest ego amongst 'em all...

...coupled with the lowest IQ.

Who the hell makes an ad without identification and contact information?!

Is he THAT big a concept that everyone who sees his face already knows his name, and that his website address is simply his first name? At least he's aiming for a minimum level of clientele, those with access to a computer and knowledge how to use one...

What a fool...a rich one, but once again proof that the best and brightest aren't always found at the top.

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; July-20-11 at 07:14 AM.

It all started several years ago with two lawyers in Arizona wanting to advertise on tv and the local bar association said "no, you can't do that". Freedom of Speech prevailed, much to the chagrin to the viewing public.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Who the hell makes an ad without identification and contact information?!
    It's called branding. Coke is the master of it. The fact that you are talking about it and I am responding to it proves its value. He has been very successful at doing it and I will guarantee you that most people can tell us his phone number "Call 1-800 ..." as quickly as a previous generation of Detroiters could tell what kind of work Mr. Belvidere did and what his phone number was.

I guess this is something I miss not watching television. My programming is not complete.

I do remember, and can actually HEAR on the memory [[although that fades with age), something about call Tyler 8-71OH-OH...

I think I know who you are talking about. I think her name is Loretti.