Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    What does any of this drivel have to do with visiting Marquette? The Kilpatrick Family? The fact that the clown that posted this stuff in the first place should have never had anyone respond to him?

im with you at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    One more, and I'm done with this thread for good:

The original poster wrote:

I am doing Yooper a favor. Not only won't I stay, I won't go in the first place.
    I grew up in da UP [[Escanaba area). Nobody I knew was racist. How can you be racist when there aren't any black people around to even form an opinion about? Honestly, we never gave it a thought one way or the other.

wvernon,
    This will be a long shot: In the seventies and eighties I worked at the Empire and Tilden Mines, the Marquette Power House, the Escanaba Paper Mill and the Quinnesec Pulp Plant, as a pipefitter. I knew a 'Bill Vernon' and worked with him. He and his family had visited us at our home on Delta County Road 442, Rapid river. Is there a connection there?

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Trust me, the Yoopers do not care if I never set foot up there. They don't want black Detroiters. To say that they do is nuts... I'd even say it's a lie.
    Unbelievable and what a hurtful thing to say. It's 2011, and racist stuff like this perpetrates on the internet.

Don't bother to reply. This isn't the first time you've left an impression.

Worst. Thread.

Ever.

I'm embarrassed to know some of you people.

So, reacting to widely held racism is ... racist? Hahahaha!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9