Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I think everyone else here realizes we're talking about a specific type of discrimination in this thread.

Childish semantic games do not interest me.
    What specific type of discrimination is that? Racial? Doesn't change my opinion, call me David Duke or whatever other thing you want.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
    Of course you do.

Yeah we all think and act alike. We're all wealthy and blond, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    What specific type of discrimination is that? Racial? Doesn't change my opinion, call me David Duke or whatever other thing you want.
    I don't expect you to change your opinion. If the world was enlightened, we wouldn't be discussing this.

Any white American male who claims that a black person's mere aversion to white racism or the possibility of it is RACIST, you need to understand what real racism is. Why not visit your local library and pick up a book? Why not look at pictures of downtown Detroit in the summer of 1943? Why not look at photographs of lynchings of black people? Why not actually study black history and realize it's American history? That would be too tiresome?

OK, white American males. When your people have been systematically stolen, beaten, enslaved, forced to work, forced to forget their language and their culture, then stigmatized, discriminated against, beaten, lynched, exploited, driven into ghettos, and forced into a life of poverty for decades, then you have been discriminated against. Until then, kiss my fat white ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Any white American male who claims that a black person's mere aversion to white racism or the possibility of it is RACIST, you need to understand what real racism is. Why not visit your local library and pick up a book? Why not look at pictures of downtown Detroit in the summer of 1943? Why not look at photographs of lynchings of black people? Why not actually study black history and realize it's American history? That would be too tiresome?

OK, white American males. When your people have been systematically stolen, beaten, enslaved, forced to work, forced to forget their language and their culture, then stigmatized, discriminated against, beaten, lynched, exploited, driven into ghettos, and forced into a life of poverty for decades, then you have been discriminated against. Until then, kiss my fat white ass.
    Wait...so being called a cracker isn't the same?

Yeah, when I leave my nice, air-conditioned apartment, after sorting through my 401Ks, as I'm biking through the burned-out Lower East Side of Detroit, on my Trek road bike, on my way to my good job downtown, somebody calls me a "cracker," what the fuck does that matter? You could look upon it as a have-not yelling at a have-some. Anyway, look at my life and look at what this motherfucker has?

What are you gonna do? Take down his name and file federal suit against him downtown? Call the motherfuckin' Tea Party? Juh-hee-zus... I guess some people on this forum would, but, I mean, dang...
    Last edited by Detroitnerd; July-21-11 at 11:32 AM.

bartock Guest

Being called a cracker is discrimination? Wow you and dnerd are right then. You two are so eloquent and informed and I'm just a racist ogre burning crosses on a lawn for suggesting that discrimination based on race occurs on all sides. But, then again, if I hadn't made my statement it would have cost the two of you the opportunity to pat yourselves on the back as honorary defenders of a an imaginary assault. It provides a couple of fuzzy, warm and proud moments for those who really, really, really, really need them. I'm flattered that my comments became the apparatus used to self-gratify.

bartock Guest

Yeah, when I leave my nice, air-conditioned apartment, after sorting through my 401Ks, as I'm biking through the burned-out Lower East Side of Detroit, on my Trek road bike, on my way to my good job downtown, somebody calls me a "cracker," what the fuck does that matter? You could look upon it as a have-not yelling at a have-some. Anyway, look at my life and look at what this motherfucker has?

What are you gonna do? Take down his name and file federal suit against him downtown? Call the motherfuckin' Tea Party? Juh-hee-zus... I guess some people on this forum would, but, I mean, dang...
    What does being called a name have to do with the discrimination statement? You two have taken an apple and made it an orange. Been itching to get that comment out or something?

Being called a cracker is discrimination? Wow you and dnerd are right then. You two are so eloquent and informed and I'm just a racist ogre burning crosses on a lawn for suggesting that discrimination based on race occurs on all sides. But, then again, if I hadn't made my statement it would have cost the two of you the opportunity to pat yourselves on the back as honorary defenders of a an imaginary assault. It provides a couple of fuzzy, warm and proud moments for those who really, really, really, really need them. I'm flattered that my comments became the apparatus used to self-gratify.
    Remember that line from Crocodile Dundee, "You call that a knife? This is a knife!"? Yeah, of course the small knife was a knife. But it doesn't compare to Mick's machete. So why even try?

What does being called a name have to do with the discrimination statement? You two have taken an apple and made it an orange. Been itching to get that comment out or something?
    No, Bartock, I think this is just a little fun back and forth between Noise and me. The adults are just joking. You may go back and sit at the children's table.

No, Bartock, I think this is just a little fun back and forth between Noise and me. The adults are just joking. You may go back and sit at the children's table.
    Rest easy, Bartock. I was joking when I called you David Duke, as well. You could be named Adolf, for all I know.

bartock Guest

Thanks, Dnerd. For a second there I thought it was you taking advantage of another opportunity to self-fellate and remind everyone that you are the coolest person alive for living in the city and for doing "city things". It was just in good fun! I'll head back, thanks for the permission.

Vox Guest

Sounds like someone has a bit of white guilt somewhere down the line.

Shit, I never know if anybody's making fun of me anymore.

Such a shame that all wisdom must die with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Such a shame that all wisdom must die with you...
    That's one of my favorite ancient Greek quotes. Thanks, Det_ard.

For the record, I know English, and she's no racist, far from it.

Stromberg2

GUSHI Guest

There is all kind of racism in our world, but when its aganist whites it's no big deal in many peoples eyes, but use a racist word toward a African American and you get it trouble, double standard. For the record my ansectors never kept slaves, they could barely keep food on the table.

For the record, I know English, and she's no racist, far from it.

Stromberg2
    All the guys who lashed out at her are clueless little pr#cks.....

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    There is all kind of racism in our world, but when its aganist whites it's no big deal in many peoples eyes, but use a racist word toward a African American and you get it trouble, double standard. For the record my ansectors never kept slaves, they could barely keep food on the table.
    classic statement....

GUSHI Guest

Well it's true. Can't blame every white person for slavery and not every black person is accepting goverment aid. I'm sik of stereo types, it drives me nuts. I hate when i meet someone new they think i'm arabic, then its usually followed by do you know any good arabic restaurants, then I tell them i'm of Albanian descent, there like of that not in the middle east.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    classic statement....

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    I KNOW! I'm tired of this anti-white racism. It has affected me SO MUCH. Has it affected you too? Has it resulted in you being treated unfairly by the all-black power structure in this country? Has it resulted in you not getting a job from the Fortune 500 companies, all of which are run by, naturally, the most powerful people -- black people? Has it resulted in you being scorned when speaking your mind, since all the well-known black pundits and mediacrats will shush you? Perhaps if white people weren't a minority, and had some share of power in this country, and had no history of being enslaved, we would rise up and shake off the yoke of all this black oppression like dew. But since we have no power as white people, we will just have to accept this awful double-standard when it comes to calling white people names. I am with you, brother, in the struggle against all this. It is SO UNFAIR.

Perfect description of the effects of racism, Dn. Happens to whatever out group the power structure chooses to look down on. In the past, it has been certain white ethnic groups. Can happen to any person of color. And it also applies if the power structure is non-white, as happens in some areas. Racism is based on power.

There is another horse in the race though, that is not necessarily based on power. It has to do with stereotyping and condemning people of a different group but having no power to impact that group. What is the name of this beast?

There is another horse in the race though, that is not necessarily based on power. It has to do with stereotyping and condemning people of a different group but having no power to impact that group. What is the name of this beast?
    Bigotry or prejudice.

Vox Guest

I KNOW! I'm tired of this anti-white racism. It has affected me SO MUCH. Has it affected you too? Has it resulted in you being treated unfairly by the all-black power structure in this country? Has it resulted in you not getting a job from the Fortune 500 companies, all of which are run by, naturally, the most powerful people -- black people? Has it resulted in you being scorned when speaking your mind, since all the well-known black pundits and mediacrats will shush you? Perhaps if white people weren't a minority, and had some share of power in this country, and had no history of being enslaved, we would rise up and shake off the yoke of all this black oppression like dew. But since we have no power as white people, we will just have to accept this awful double-standard when it comes to calling white people names. I am with you, brother, in the struggle against all this. It is SO UNFAIR.

When those in power wield their power in a racist way, that is racism, regardless of what color the racist is. Look up the city of Detroit's org chart someday and tell me about how that works within your parameters.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast