Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Construction at former police precinct on Woodward

I was driving by the former 13th precinct on Woodward and I noticed a construction crew working on the building. There was a piece on Fox2 almost 2 years ago about it becoming an upscale restaurant to be called Bohemia. Heres the link: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/20567727/detail.html

This would be quite shocking. They've had fence around the place for a few years and I've been waiting for construction to start [[their proposal looked great).

It is being renovated I believe to be the new temporary home of the Wayne County Sheriff's office.

As long as it's really not called "Bohemia", that's a reason to move far away from Midtown.

Well at least its being put to use. Now if we could only find use for the former Agave building. I heard that was supposed to be a Chinese restaurant at some point.

Agave please come back! Great memories, great patio and great loctation!! I think the bldg owner was a totally d...

Somethings' bound to happen there with everything else happening in Midtown, right?t

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Agave please come back! Great memories, great patio and great loctation!! I think the bldg owner was a totally d...
    That was the major reason the place closed down... they were hoping to relocate but nothing ever seemed to come of it. If I remember correctly their sous chef opened up Atlas, right?

Atlas presages Agave's closing by a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Atlas presages Agave's closing by a couple of years.
    Yes, but its proprietor Nicole Barbour is married to Executive Chef John Golen who used to be at Agave. He quit a year before the place closed down i remember to open up the place - he'd taken one of the managers and chefs with him when he left.

That'd be great! And an ideal location!
    Quote Originally Posted by innercitydoc View Post
    I was driving by the former 13th precinct on Woodward and I noticed a construction crew working on the building. There was a piece on Fox2 almost 2 years ago about it becoming an upscale restaurant to be called Bohemia. Heres the link: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/20567727/detail.html

LOL! Ode to 'bohemia' and patchouli! I live near midtown but I swear I only wear my birkenstock knock-offs in the house.....
    Quote Originally Posted by j to the jeremy View Post
    As long as it's really not called "Bohemia", that's a reason to move far away from Midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by detroiter79 View Post
    Yes, but its proprietor Nicole Barbour is married to Executive Chef John Golen who used to be at Agave. He quit a year before the place closed down i remember to open up the place - he'd taken one of the managers and chefs with him when he left.
    Thanks for the info. Of course, I meant "predates" - darn you, autocomplete!

Quote Originally Posted by eastland View Post
    It is being renovated I believe to be the new temporary home of the Wayne County Sheriff's office.
    This is what it's going to be. This is for the administrative offices, & they should be in by October.

the new "temporary" home of the Wayne Co. Sheriff's office.. anybody know for how long they will be at this site? If and when they leave.. does it just become empty again?

I didn't know that was "New Center"

stupid local news....

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    the new "temporary" home of the Wayne Co. Sheriff's office.. anybody know for how long they will be at this site? If and when they leave.. does it just become empty again?
    They'll be there until the new jail is completed, probably 2-3 yrs. I don't think anyone knows what will happen to the building after they move out.

Drove by today and noted that they are really working hard on this project. With all the overgrown vegetation along the fence though, it's hard to see much from the street. It'll be nice to have this somewhat prominent corner of Woodward revitalized again come October!

I was hoping that the building would hit the dirt. It was absolutely thee most nasty and dirty structure I ever had the unfortunate experience of stepping foot in. It was a total fire hazard, full of roaches and mold, and smelled like a rank basement.

Whoever is behind the redevelopment must have deep pockets. I guess it's us taxpayers if it's going to house the county sheriff,

WOW!!! They're really moving quick on this project, rode my bike down Woodward and notice them starting to paint the drywall and adding detail work on the exterior. Window frame is set to go and they started on the landscaping already..

Are you sure this is a Wayne County Sheriff offices? They have been trying to fix a Huge Kwame Fuck Up by going back to the precient system.

Quote Originally Posted by Russix View Post
    Are you sure this is a Wayne County Sheriff offices? They have been trying to fix a Huge Kwame Fuck Up by going back to the precient system.
    Very sure!! They're supposed to move in mid-September, which why this project is moving so fast.

Wow, I drove by this morning and almost didn't recognize it. New windows are in, all the overgrown brush is gone and landscaping is in place. I do believe I saw the six-point gold star badge logo in one of the front windows. They're still working on it but I have to believe it will be done soon. Glad to see this recently-desolate corner of Woodward looking much better and reactivated as an important and active place on Woodward.

Drove by yesterday as well. It's definitely in use now. Saw a few deputies standing outside. It looks good from the outside.

Building a new temporary home of the Wayne County Sheriff. Or course because the construction crew is using our taxpayer's money to build a new supermaximum Wayne County Jail next to the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice next to juvenal hall.

What to do of the old Wayne County Jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    What to do of the old Wayne County Jail?
    Turn it into a botique hotel?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast