Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Free Press Subscription Rate Increase

The Freep Press just sent me a new bill and 6 months went up from 72.01 to 91.01. That is quite a big increase. In December, when it went to 72.01, I hesitated. Now I am really hesitating.

Have I been getting an unbelievable deal and reality is catching up to me, or should I let my subscription lapse and go for one of the juicy deals they offer to new customers?

Not to cop an attitude about this...but in all seriousness, why don't you save the $72 [[now $91) and just read it online? I haven't had a subscription to the Free Press since 1999.

Okay, I was getting some special subscriber rate and the new rate is newstand.

I renewed. Actual journalism is important. I doubt a blogger would have broken Watergate.

Not advocating bloggers replacing journalists...they still get paid from the www.freep.com

[ed. note...the above statement is not an endorsement of Drew Sharp or any of the drivel he publishes.]

Whats a newspaper ? I remember a time when you held something in your hands for news. Now the only thing close to that is "The Thumb Print News" which is a quality news paper that only comes out once a month.

I really miss reading my paper and drinking my coffee.

A really sweet memory is my eldest son would drink milk with a touch of coffee on Sunday mornings in the dining room with the sun shining in. He was maybe 3 and would read the funnies. It was just too cute. He wanted to participate. Thank God he didn't grow up to be like Mom and Dad but he did learn to read at a very early age.

He is still my best source for new books on the market.