Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Possibility that the Owners of FOX News tapped American phones lines of 9-11 victims

This is newsworthy.

A Foreign or maybe a an American news agency spying on American citizens.

Fox News say it ain't so?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/14/...ing/index.html

lilpup Guest

Laws in the UK and US are a lot different from each other. As cruddy as their journalism is their privacy laws are tougher than those in the US.

Spying on American citizens - isn't that what marketers do every day? Isn't that what the bug on the new I-Phone was doing? Isn't that what happens every time information is gathered to be sold to third parties?

Anyway, US phones are supposed to be harder to hack and so far there's only one person making a claim, so even responsible news outlets are a little skeptical of this claim right now.

Were they harder to hack 10 years ago? 9? The Murdoch organization is about the sleaziest of all time, this is more than making Americans stupid and misinformed. This is much, much worse.

It doesn't matter if Fox is guilty or not, their sheep will still blindly believe their propaganda and say the charges are a smear attempt by the liberals. They are all about personal accountability except when it applies to them, just ask that drug addict Rush.

That retarded morning show on Fox tried to play it out like they were the victims by pushing some piece about the WH spying on Fox.....bunch of nimrods

Has Roger Ailes been keeping tabs on your phone calls?

A disgrunted former Fox News producer claims he has the capability thanks to a secret "brain room" that the network uses for "counterintelligence and black ops."
    Actually, "disgruntled" is an understatement. Dan Cooper, who was fired from the Rupert Murdoch-owned channel shortly after its 1996 launch, has an ax the size of Paul Bunyan's to grind.

Potentially the most explosive among Cooper's many lurid claims, assuming anyone believes them, arises from his account of how his agent, Richard Leibner, dropped him as a client. Leibner did so, asserts Cooper, under pressure from Ailes, who had discovered that Cooper was an anonymous source for a New York magazine story about him, written by ex-Republican David Brock.
    That article was wtritten three years ago!

Anybody wants to tap my phone lines are more than welcome. All I ever get is my kids asking for money or sharing bad news of some kind.

I hate fucking telephones with a burning passion. No one ever calls with good news.

When the phone rings at 3 a.m., be assured it's not someone telling you that you won the lottery.

If anyone really needs serious protection against spies they can get it with things like GPG. Even if they get your encrypted data they can't do anything with it.

Beyond that I take spying as a guilt-free invitation to benignly play with spies' minds.

I once created a file in my own account intriguingly named SECRET.SEX. It was designed as a baited mine to be triggered only by snoopers. It contained obscure control characters and escape codes designed to surprise, baffle and frustrate snooper perps. The first thing it did was to lock their keyboard so they couldn't prevent what was about to happen to them. Next it flashed in fullscreen mode the enormous words "PERVERT ALERT!" on their display while furiously beeping to draw the attention of anyone nearby. The only way to shut it off [[with the keyboard locked) was to cycle power. It took a while for them to figure that out.

And yes it was triggered, but only once.

Great fun!

They just arrested that Rebekah Brooks chick....shit just got real

Bang!

Next victim in the scandal is Police chef Stephenson who went on holiday at the cost of News of the World.

Turning out to be a real careeer breaker!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Bang!

Next victim in the scandal is Police chef Stephenson who went on holiday at the cost of News of the World.

Turning out to be a real careeer breaker!!
    This is just the tip of the iceberg.

The House of Cards are fallin down.

Notice how our resident cons are all silent about this latest scandal involving their favorite tabloid.

It's noticeable. Give em time, they'll find a spin, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Notice how our resident cons are all silent about this latest scandal involving their favorite tabloid.
    Maybe it's because their puppeteer is dumbstruck?: Is Fox News ignoring Rupert Murdoch's hacking scandal? Note the video at the end.
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-17-11 at 09:15 PM.

There are several reasons why The News Corp. tapped hacked into people's private lives by using their cell phones:

1. To gain more readers

2. to make a profit. [[ But remember this in the Media, THE PEOPLE ARE THE PRODUCTS.)

3. To gain more publicity.

That is why I NEVER WATCH FOX NEWS ever again! and you shouldn't too.

Today's victims:
    - Assistant commisioner John Yates, who researched a previous instance of wiretapping and totally disregarded the evidence, resigned.

- Whistleblower Sean Hoare, who broke the story that Andy Coulson knew about the wiretapping was found dead at his home.

- The Wall Street Journal lost all it's credibility with a ridiculously defensive piece, hacked apart by Gawker.

screw FAUX news, i prefer to get my news and opinions from a truly unbiased source like chris matthews or racheal maddow..........

"Why Tyrants Absolutely Love the Murdoch Scandal"
    NYT Mag, July31,2011

"...Prime Minister David Cameron of Britain,,, has given comfort to tyrants everywhere by proposing to constrain a press that is already hemmed in by draconian libel laws and as official secrets act. Visiting Nigeria...[he] called for some kind of 'independent' press regulator to deal with abuses like phone hacking. There is another, less drastic option, of course: simply getting the police to enforce existing laws.
    And those of us who are uneasy about Cameron's intentions might spare a little concern for our osn Justice Department, which is investigating whether Murdoch's company, incorporated in the U.S., violeted the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act when reporters paid Londond police officers for news tips. That seems an ominously expansive use of a statute that was created to eliminate bribery as a means to obtain business or favorable regulations from foreign governments...."