Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another Shooting, And It's Not In Detroit

This may surprise some, but it wasn't even Detroitier's involved.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...__8dSGY-vX1a9Q

Close all streets between Dearborn and surrounding communities!!!

Well considering Detroit had more homicides this week than Dearborn will have all year, It points to Detroit having a far larger problem with homicides than Dearborn.

In 2009 Dearborn had 3 homicides Detroit had 365. Detroit is almost 10 times larger but had 120 times as many homicies.
    Those numbers are from the FBI database:http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/data/table_06.html#d

Bringing attention to homicides in Detroit's suburbs is like making a big deal about the car accident that just happened near you with your back to the ocean right before the tsunami struck. Detroit is FAR more violent than the suburbs as a whole, and trying to skirt the issue or downplay it won't solve anything.

Hooray! People outside Detroit get shot every once in a while too!

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Close all streets between Dearborn and surrounding communities!!!

The answer is obvious. Every town, city, village, etc. should go back to having walls.
    The gatekeeper can determine who is worthy to enter and who should have boiling oil poured on them

agrahlma Guest

I don’t care where it happens in Michigan – murder is a really, really, really bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    The answer is obvious. Every town, city, village, etc. should go back to having walls.
    The gatekeeper can determine who is worthy to enter and who should have boiling oil poured on them
    We already do. The gatekeeper decides who gets hired and who gets what type of education.

This is another case where a gun turned a good person into a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    Bringing attention to homicides in Detroit's suburbs is like making a big deal about the car accident that just happened near you with your back to the ocean right before the tsunami struck. Detroit is FAR more violent than the suburbs as a whole, and trying to skirt the issue or downplay it won't solve anything.
    Not really downplaying or trying to prove a point. Its a known fact that Detroit is a violent city. But this particular murder and the conditions underlying it had east side Detroit or NW Detroit written all over it. As a matter of fact, if the city wasn't mentioned in the report I would have assume Detroit.
    Thats not the case with all murders in the metro area. I think the poster was trying to show the irony in this particular murder.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Thats not the case with all murders in the metro area. I think the poster was trying to show the irony in this particular murder.
    You nailed it.

It's painful to read the comments section on these type of DetNews & Freep stories.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Not really downplaying or trying to prove a point. Its a known fact that Detroit is a violent city. But this particular murder and the conditions underlying it had east side Detroit or NW Detroit written all over it. As a matter of fact, if the city wasn't mentioned in the report I would have assume Detroit.

Based on that the OP's other posts, I suspect it's not irony as much as schadenfreude

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    It's painful to read the comments section on these type of DetNews & Freep stories.
    It's painful to see these jackasses continue to post, with no chance of being seen. How compulsive is that?

Attachment 10179