Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Suburban Castration Cult Is Freaking Me Out

WWJ reported a guy named Robert Nowak, 51, was convicted of murder and sodomizing the corpse of a man who willingly had his man berries removed.

Couldn't find anything in the papers. Anyone ever hear of such a thing?

I haven't heard of it, no. But, these two articles in the Free Press freaked me out just as much:

Wife cuts off husband's penis and shoves it down garbage disposal: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2011110713014

Man caught having sex w/ horse for the 2nd time: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2011110708049

WTF is going on out there?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    WWJ reported a guy named Robert Nowak, 51, was convicted of murder and sodomizing the corpse of a man who willingly had his man berries removed.

Couldn't find anything in the papers. Anyone ever hear of such a thing?
    Reuters had this:

Man netted by DNA swab found guilty in grisly Michigan murder
    By Ned Randolph
    PONTIAC, Mich | Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:47pm EDT

[[Reuters) - A California man was found guilty on Wednesday of castrating, sodomizing and beating a Michigan man to death in 2001, after a DNA swab taken during a theft arrest linked him to the grisly crime.

Robert Nowak, 51, will receive a mandatory automatic life sentence without parole after being found guilty by a Michigan jury for the first-degree premeditated murder of Troy Moross, 26, in February 2001.

Moross' body was found behind a machine shop in the Detroit suburb of Madison Heights owned by Nowak's father. Nowak had sometimes worked and lived at the shop.

The trail on the murder went cold for eight years until Nowak was arrested for larceny in Riverside, California in 2009. A DNA swab taken from him matched semen collected from Moross' body that had been logged into an FBI national database, forensics experts testified during the trial.

Prosecutors portrayed Nowak as a violent man with a history of unprovoked attacks. A former girlfriend testified that Nowak pistol whipped her on her head and raped her in 1999. Another woman who worked near the tool shop testified Nowak had attacked her with a steering column lock-rod in 2009.

A deputy medical examiner testified that Moross had been struck 18 times in the head with a blunt object and, as he lay dying, he was cut in several places, castrated and sodomized with a foreign object.

Defense attorneys argued that the DNA might indicate Nowak had consensual sex with Moross, but did not mean he had killed him. They also pointed at DNA that did not belong to Nowak found on Moross' fingernails and from a cigarette butt at the scene as evidence someone else may have committed the murder.

They had sought to point toward a federal investigation of a sex torture cult in a nearby suburb as a possible source of the wounds Moross sustained, but a federal agent was barred from testifying for the defense.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76C67620110713

Got DAMN, people are crazy.

Read that earlier....crrrreeeepy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    We've made a lot of progress in cancer over the last 50 years. Our medical advancements are some of the most envied in the world.

But one area where we're literally just scratching the surface is: mental health.

We don't really know why people cut of their nose to spite their face. We don't know why a newly minted millionaire shoots the landlord of his daughter when demanding rent while fixing up a blighted building. We understand substance addiction but are pretty clueless about behavioral addictions: gambling, hoarding, spending. We understand that an abandoned child suffers an emotional trauma that is unfathomable...but we don't know how to heal that child so that he grows up and becomes a contributing member of society.

People don't know how to experience their emotions, express them in a healthy way, connect to others, set boundaries firmly without unnecessary force [[gunshots in the club?)...there's so much that we just don't really understand. And we haven't even gotten to sex yet.

Stories of unimaginable cruelty aren't new, but tabloid sensationalism certainly makes them more well-broadcast.

We have a long way to go, but if we made understanding the mind our next "space race", maybe much of what haunts us today with our social problems will be much more manageable in 100 years.

Sounds like a complete psychopath and exactly why we need prisons. Cant go around raping, beating, killing, and castrating people, living in machine shops, breaking into places

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    We've made a lot of progress in cancer over the last 50 years. Our medical advancements are some of the most envied in the world.

But one area where we're literally just scratching the surface is: mental health.

We don't really know why people cut of their nose to spite their face. We don't know why a newly minted millionaire shoots the landlord of his daughter when demanding rent while fixing up a blighted building. We understand substance addiction but are pretty clueless about behavioral addictions: gambling, hoarding, spending. We understand that an abandoned child suffers an emotional trauma that is unfathomable...but we don't know how to heal that child so that he grows up and becomes a contributing member of society.

People don't know how to experience their emotions, express them in a healthy way, connect to others, set boundaries firmly without unnecessary force [[gunshots in the club?)...there's so much that we just don't really understand. And we haven't even gotten to sex yet.

Stories of unimaginable cruelty aren't new, but tabloid sensationalism certainly makes them more well-broadcast.

We have a long way to go, but if we made understanding the mind our next "space race", maybe much of what haunts us today with our social problems will be much more manageable in 100 years.
    Wow, this is one of the best posts I've read here for a long time. I agree with every word of this. Unfortunately, our popular understanding of mental and emotional health issues is rather medieval.

Last edited by Meddle; July-13-11 at 11:09 PM.

I still think we made a mistake closing basically all our psychiatric hospitals. It was probably more cost effective to the taxpayer to house/treat someone than for them to inevitably wind up in jail.

I think this is another example of how [[in some ways) we're actually regressing as a society. I've read a lot of history of our mental health system many decades ago and while the technology was still a bit rudimentary we at least had enough compassion to put our mentally ill in a place with some structure and help;; much different than prison.

I know its easy for many of us to judge the actions of these very ill people because we don't understand. Mental illness is just as real as physical illness and many people out there can't control what they do. I pray for the day when people get the care they need and the rest of us are willing to foot the bill to take care of the least among us. Heck we're footing the bill anyway; might as well put it to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I think we may have finally reached the status of Sodom and Gomorrah.

as messed up as that is i can't help but wonder how he got caught....

did he pull that stunt in front of a cop or something? also 17 months to 22.5 years is a pretty big spread. ok gotta stop I'm getting queasy/depressed.

And this one:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43744222...ws-weird_news/
    Last edited by Meddle; Today at 12:09 AM.
    I don't know how you found that one Meddle - but the online comments there were quite unBEARable.

I guess you could read any story & think "the world's going to hell". If you lived in the Cass Corridor your viewpoint would be different than Grosse Pointe. That's why CNN does a special feed for planes & airports that censor any aviation stories. It could be 9/11 & you'd never know it. You left out the guy charged after a woman he met in a beastiality chartroom died from an allergic reaction to his dog's semen. That was in Ireland-practically Corktown http://www.joe.ie/news-politics/curr...-sex-0013864-1

Man caught having sex w/ horse for the 2nd time: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2011110708049

Looks like the guy is moving up from ponies to thoroughbreds now...lol
    Last edited by mikefmich; July-14-11 at 04:43 AM.

Just reminds me of the song by The Doors:

People are strange when you're a stranger
    Faces look ugly when you're alone

The story about the Nowak guy hinted that there was a house in Rochester Hills that had a torture chamber in the basement. Royal Oak's Daily Tribune said that men would willingly have their jigglly bits removed in some kind of sexual fetishism.

Now, I've heard of a bunch of twisted things, and the many links supplied above testifies to a number of cases which would rival the Wide World of Sports in diversity. Sex with animals seems quite common but I've never heard of snipping the twins as a fetish.

A quick googling of "castration fetish" revealed pages and pages of chatrooms and forums discussing this practice. Fearing a computer virus, I did not click on any of them, you however may be braver in your clickage.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

I've read articles of people who have had limbs amputated even though their legs/arms didn't need it.
    I wouldn't even try to figure these people out.

Sex/Relationship advice columnist Dan Savage had a letter recently from a guy who mentioned in passing [[in passing, like the weather...) that he'd been voluntarily castrated. Dan naturally asked for a further explanation, and the guy wrote back. [[That link isn't entirely nsfw, but it's right on the edge.)

So there you go, some insight from someone who had it done.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthofNormal View Post
    Sex/Relationship advice columnist Dan Savage had a letter recently from a guy who mentioned in passing [[in passing, like the weather...) that he'd been voluntarily castrated. Dan naturally asked for a further explanation, and the guy wrote back. [[That link isn't entirely nsfw, but it's right on the edge.)

So there you go, some insight from someone who had it done.
    I won't even lie I make it a point to grab a Metro Times at work just for the SL. It's a great read most weeks and I even paid for the iphone app.

Thanx NoN, leave it to Dan Savage to air sensitive issues.

Hmmm, in reading through the comments, I was struck by the number of folks who equated eunuchism as just another side of the issue of Body Disphobia or whatever that is called. People who get nose jobs, boob jobs, face lifts or hair transplants are a mainstream examples of folks who improve themselves through surgery.

With that concept in mind, who knows someone who has had "work" done, and are they happy with their decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    With that concept in mind, who knows someone who has had "work" done, and are they happy with their decisions?
    I not only know someone who was castrated voluntarily, I am someone who had that done. I won't answer questions on the public forum, but I'll be happy to answer questions in a PM [[18+ only, please).

Oh yeah, I will say I'm happy with my decision. My only regret is I didn't have it done earlier.

Nah... nothings changed, it's not worse. Just more coverage ala more media coverage and the web......
    I think we may have finally reached the status of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Thank you for sharing....
    Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    I not only know someone who was castrated voluntarily, I am someone who had that done. I won't answer questions on the public forum, but I'll be happy to answer questions in a PM [[18+ only, please).

Oh yeah, I will say I'm happy with my decision. My only regret is I didn't have it done earlier.

And...

Women seem wicked
    When your unwanted.......

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Just reminds me of the song by The Doors:

People are strange when you're a stranger
    Faces look ugly when you're alone

Yeah, someone, very smart with letters after their name or a pop star or media icon will assure us that sexuality need not be 'constrained' to conservative, dogmatic [[pardon the pun) relations between humans ----
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJ View Post
    I guess you could read any story & think "the world's going to hell". If you lived in the Cass Corridor your viewpoint would be different than Grosse Pointe. That's why CNN does a special feed for planes & airports that censor any aviation stories. It could be 9/11 & you'd never know it. You left out the guy charged after a woman he met in a beastiality chartroom died from an allergic reaction to his dog's semen. That was in Ireland-practically Corktown http://www.joe.ie/news-politics/curr...-sex-0013864-1
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-16-11 at 10:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast