Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Oh the Irony...

Sometime your hands are tied by the law as a juror. I was a jury foreman in a case where a fuel truck driver was siphoning 150 gallons a day off his employers truck. He was caught red handed with the fuel in the back of his friends van. But after a three day trial, we had to find him not guilty because a crucial coupling was not recovered by the police at the time. That what we had to work with.

The thread title made me think you were going to be talking about this story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_889427.html

ONONDAGA, N.Y. -- Police say a motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws in upstate New York died after he flipped over the bike's handlebars and hit his head on the pavement

Last edited by Pam; July-12-11 at 06:35 PM.

ONONDAGA, N.Y. -- Police say a motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws in upstate New York died after he flipped over the bike's handlebars and hit his head on the pavement
    Give that guy a Darwin award.

RE: the OP
    That's not irony. That's really sad. It shows the emotionalism and lack of rationality that a lot of TV encourages and models. It's not the jurors' fault that the prosecutor failed to present a convincing case.
    Last edited by maxx; July-12-11 at 01:26 PM.

Agreed, guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in a capital murder case is one hell of a burden for a jury to consider.

http://www.huliq.com/12092/casey-ant...ic-murder-case
    "...Forensic expert Dr. Werner Spitz testified that the duct tape the prosecution argued was used in the murder was actually applied after the body began decomposing. He also stated, according to the Associated Press, that the state's autopsy of Caylee Anthony's body had been 'shoddy' and that the entire body had not been examined. He attested that he also examined inside the child's skull, something that had not been done prior to his examination.
    Spitz, who also testified at the O. J. Simpson trial, said, 'The head is part of the body and when you do an examination, you examine the whole body.' He added, '... That to me is a signal of a shoddy autopsy...'"

I wonder who picked up the tab for Dr. Werner Spitz's investigation and testimony. I understand he charges quite a fee for his services.