Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Federal Agencies Commit Support for Detroit Growth

http://www.freep.com/article/2011071...dollars-growth

curious.. I guess we'll see what type of help will be provided, and whether it will be implemented with progressive results..

excerpt:

But state Rep. Maureen Stapleton, D-Detroit, sounded a cautionary note, saying that many Detroiters are wary of outsiders coming into the city to help.
    “Sometimes when the feds come in, things get murkier than they were before,” she said. “This is good news, but the devil will be in the details.”
    Last edited by Hypestyles; July-11-11 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    But state Rep. Maureen Stapleton, D-Detroit, sounded a cautionary note, saying that many Detroiters are wary of outsiders coming into the city to help.
    “Sometimes when the feds come in, things get murkier than they were before,” she said. “This is good news, but the devil will be in the details.”
    What the hell does Stapleton even mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    What the hell does Stapleton even mean by that?
    See the Department of Justice oversight of the DPD.

I loved her in "All in the Family".

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    I loved her in "All in the Family".

Stromberg2

You r getting her confused with Jean Stapleton...

Dammit!! I thought I was being funny, now I look like an idiot! Oh well...

Stromberg2

Maureen Stapleton was arguably a better known actress than Jean. She was had tons of tv and film roles. You may remember her from Cocoon. She died about 5 years ago. But we digress.

Feds sending Detroit help cutting red tape?

In other news a fox is being sent to the hen house to help find out who's eating the hens.

There might actually be some good come from it. You might have a dozen or so new people to the downtown area having two hour lunches.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Maureen Stapleton was arguably a better known actress than Jean. She was had tons of tv and film roles. You may remember her from Cocoon. She died about 5 years ago. But we digress.
    Wow even dead people can get elected to office if they have name recognition! I should change my name too!