Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another blockbuster celebrity born in Detroit, MI.

Just learned that Ken Jeong, a Korean-American comedian/actor, came from our neck of the woods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Jeong

This is especially exciting as he is currently on the big screen for 3 movies - Hangover II, Transformers - Dark of the Moon, and Zookeeper.

On top of that, he is also routinely on the small screen in the "Community" TV series.

Last but not least, this man is also a medical doctor, for real.

It is wonderful to find out that every so often Detroit produces successful stars, aside from the music and automotive industries.

Sorry though he wasn't raised here, so being born in Detroit could've just been a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    Sorry though he wasn't raised here, so being born in Detroit could've just been a fluke.
    Exactly, it says he spent most of his youth in Greensboro, North Carolina, so he could have been born here just passing through. I also don't see him as a blockbuster celebrity.

ken who???????

Jeong's background in theater and improv has led to several television appearances, including NBC's The Office,
    Having seen [[and laughed ) at every episode of the "Office" I don't recall the one with this actor. He does seem to be in every movie made. And to be an M.D. is a kick.
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-10-11 at 03:06 PM.

He's in the season 2 episode where Jim has a BBQ and doesn't invite michael. He's onr of the people in Michael's improv class.

It's a fluke that he became a celebrity and wasn't raised here, MCS?

I'm just kidding. It does seem to me that music, comedic actors and cars seem to be our best exports.

He's in the season 2 episode where Jim has a BBQ and doesn't invite michael. He's onr of the people in Michael's improv class.
    You got me - I think I've seen every episode 50 times, and I still burst out laughing.

I thought this thread was about me.

- signed Youngdetroiter