Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Attempted Barber Shop Robbery Turns Deadly in Detroit

Goodness! This was like the wild, wild west! The robbers got a 'bad day' surprise when they tried to hold up this barber shop! Sorta like that Clint Eastwood western [[High Plains Drifter) when he fires off on some thugs at a barber shop!

Attempted Barber Shop Robbery Turns Deadly in Detroit

[Pronouncement of robbers] "You know what time it is."

What the two bad guys didn't know was two customers were legally carrying handguns....

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20110708-wpms
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-09-11 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ... Sorta like that Clint Eastwood western when he fires off on some thugs at a barber shop! Can't recall the name of the film....
    High Plains Drifter

Thanks I revised my post....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

Those guys must have really been strung out. I rarely hear of a barber shop in the hood being robbed. Its kinda like neutral territory in that you have folks from all walks of life in there from politicans to preachers to pimps [[some folks would say all three are the same) getting cuts.

You always have women and kids in there as well, and the barber shop is just one place where you generally are not messed with.

nice work

and the accomplice should be easy to find, probably stick out like a sore thumb in detroit

"They are still looking for a suspect that is described as a black male with scruffy hair between the ages of 22 and 30. They say he is six feet tall with a thin build and was wearing a white tee shirt and blue shorts."

Hmmm, they just thought they had some easy "marks" to rob real fast and keep it movin' on to the next!

Actually there have been a few barbershop robberies on the east side the last two years - one place getting hit a couple of times I think. See links below:

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...igating_a.html

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...ating_s_2.html

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-det...de-barber-shop

But maybe these criminals will think twice knowing everyone is not a sitting 'duck'....
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Those guys must have really been strung out. I rarely hear of a barber shop in the hood being robbed. Its kinda like neutral territory in that you have folks from all walks of life in there from politicans to preachers to pimps [[some folks would say all three are the same) getting cuts.

You always have women and kids in there as well, and the barber shop is just one place where you generally are not messed with.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-10-11 at 06:08 AM.

[[Clear clip with less pixel fragmenting)

Shave and Shootout Scene!!
    - High Plains Drifter Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fc36Hc2n2s
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-10-11 at 06:57 AM.

That was just on the other afternoon. Classic.

GOOD! I would have done the same thing and it is exactly why I want my CCW!

One less piece of rubbish on the streets.

I Flesch_Kincaided that article. It was written at a 6.0 grade level.

"One bad guy wask killed . . ."
    "What the two bad guys didn't know was . . ."

Professional news media's demise is partially self inflicted.

Otherwise,
    I have a difficult time saying I am glad one of the thugs is dead.
    It is sad that young children have to be around such violence. That event will surely leave an imprint even if they closed their eyes and only heard the gun shots.

One of the thugs said, "You know what time it is."
    For the most part potential victims do know what time it is. Forced to lock our doors and fear nightfall because of jerks like him.

That is the wild west shootout, from a barbershop. Even more from a barbaric cuthroat action. There will be more BROTHERS KILLING BROTHERS in the ghetto for a thirst of money! Where there's no jobs the robbings and the killings will begin.
    The degeneration of Detroit Black control is in its first stages. Now we will se how destructive the black community is. Killing each other until they are extinct.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Where are our leaders, now? Hiding in their closet or making the difference for Neda's sake.
    Last edited by Danny; July-11-11 at 01:09 PM.

...another warning to the youth about making the wrong choices and the drastic consequences that can follow.. it's not worth it..

..what stores in the region have fair prices for firearms?

"Bad guy" is military/cop talk. A competent editor would have removed the jargon.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    "Bad guy" is military/cop talk. A competent editor would have removed the jargon.
    Looks like we can add military/cop talk to the growing list of things you know nothing about. For the military a bad guy is a shitstain; for cops, shithead. For you, shitforbrains.

Action Impact on 8 mile & Beech Daly

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ...another warning to the youth about making the wrong choices and the drastic consequences that can follow.. it's not worth it..

..what stores in the region have fair prices for firearms?

"emptied his clip containing multiple rounds"?????

I seriously doubt that the man emptied a magazine on him.

This should serve as a warning to thugs, there are currently 40,000 CPL holders in Wayne county and growing more every month. I am sure there are more than that illegal, but the odds are getting better for the good guys as time goes by.
    Over all in the tri county area there are approx. close to if not more than 100,000 CPL holders out there. Thugs take notice.....
    FYI CCW only refers to the training you get to get your CPL

Default Too bad.....

If you decide to make your living victimizing your fellow citizens, you'd better understand that, odds are, one day you may try the wrong person and get yourself killed. Tough S*^t! It happened to a guy pulling a jewelry store job here a couple years ago. Put a gun in the face of the store owner and turned his head for half a second, and the store owner and another employee blew him away. I have no simpathy for criminals.
    Oh, and don't cry about there being no jobs. If there were thousands of unfilled jobs most of these thugs would still rather rob someone than work for a living. A job? Thats too much like work! Besides, that would put a fourty hour hole in their party time.

Point well stated.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilcan Harry View Post
    If you decide to make your living victimizing your fellow citizens, you'd better understand that, odds are, one day you may try the wrong person and get yourself killed.

I totally agree. I am not a gun owner but will admit that there are times when justice is served quickly during the commission of a crime. Tough sh*t for the robber - the shooter did society a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    One less piece of rubbish on the streets.
    That's exactly how I feel. Good riddance, thug trash.

I'm glad all the innocents were not harmed.