Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default To the Children of Detroit

I learned today that I might be required to leave the City of Detroit due to circumstances outside of my immediate control. Regardless of the amount of time I have left in the city, I will fight my heart out to stay or get back here asap. This is greatest city the world has ever seen. Godspeed, Detroit.

To the children of Detroit, always remember, we didn't start the fire. It was always burning since the world's been turning.

Good grief. Everything I said above is true, but I really need to stop posting after I've been at the bar for several hours. It makes me look like a sap. Lord only knows what prompted me to pull up a Billy Joel song at 2 am.

Bars will do that to people. I swam across a Marina one time and ingested more than a bit of motor oil.