Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Human Statue Harassed By RenCen Force at 3 Dog Night

The Border Patrol and some Federal Marshalls had no trouble with the fellow posing near the in-ground fountain on the Riverfront, but RenCen Security carried him away...according to my Livonia Friend.

I'm hoping someone caught a video of this...my friend got the lead up to it. Apparenly he moved in slow-motion away from the Keystoners with the crowd cheering him on...

...perhaps they were worried about inciting a riot.

I want to know how long he kept in character...

I was at the show and I think I was talking with your friend from Livonia earlier on, before "Three" Dog Night went onstage. I have a video on my camera of the guy walking by me on the Atwater sidewalk in slow motion during the concert. I didn't see him get carried away.

ohhhhkaaaay.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    The Border Patrol and some Federal Marshalls had no trouble with the fellow posing near the in-ground fountain on the Riverfront, but RenCen Security carried him away...according to my Livonia Friend.
    Livonia friend huh?

Are you sure this "friend" isn't really a super secret spy from that dreaded suburb spreading misinformation and trying to start another war with Detroit?

I have no idea what anyone is talking about in this thread.

I love Three Dog Night....great band.

Are we talking about Hart Plaza here? Which fountain? This makes no sense at all. Why in the world would RenCen's security even give a darn about some guy in the fountain out on the Riverwalk?

Explain. Clarify, please.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    yeah..me too

Sounds like he was on GM's private property? Not the Feds job to handle loiterers or tresspassers on private property.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; July-09-11 at 01:03 PM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Sounds like he was on GM's private property? Not the Feds job to handle loiterers or tresspassers on private property.
    My point exactly. What's up with the Feds and then the RenCen security apes crossing paths here? Dunna make sense at all. Clarification- stat!

I didn't grow up with a punk-rock extreme dislike for authority. Police and others have been there to help numerous times in my experience. But there is *way too pmuch* security around there.

My friends and I showed up late for a movie at RenCen4 and decided to wait for the next showing. I got a board game out of my car and we played it in the lobby in front of the theatre while waiting for the next screening. An hour in to the game, security told us we must put it away. When asked why, he told us it was because someone watching us on the security camera said so.

I have been scolded for taking a photo of the building towers from inside the Wintergarden.

I have been turned away from using the Riverwalk at 9PM because "a fight broke out" and they decided to close early.

I have been prohibited from boarding the People Mover during a film shoot, even though the film shoot was taking place on the opposite side of the building. When told to use the entrance found outside, I found it to be locked.

And finally, there's constantly being asked where one is going should one be there during off hours. Although this point seems minor and is indeed the business of security, the collective effect is the creation of a very edgy and unwelcoming environment.

So it follows logically that a busker on the river should be hauled away.

The public should have access to the river 24 hours a day. Buskers and vendors should also be allowed. Although I have supported the RiverWalk by buying a brick, I am saddened that it is being restricted in these ways and will forego any future fundraising because of it. Last I checked, there's a member of the Maroun family on the board anyway, and they can probably afford to throw in another $100.

This isn't even considering some of the silliness at the Millender Center Marriott when I've needed to use their services, nor being prohibited from being in Campus Martius or Cadillac Square after hours. The park at the center for downtown should not close. It's lit and secured all night, regardless.

I should add that I'm not a terrorist, nor am I particularly loud, disruptive or scuzzy. I've been minding my own business 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Me either. What's a three dog night? Something my cat would like?

Im confused also G, what do you mean by posing? A dude got hauled away for posing and slow motion backing away? Details brother.

Im furious J C Krause was toldtoleave because he was playing a board game waiting for amovie, what BS. Eye in the sky seems to just love the power. How old are these security guards? Geeze.

I think we have all run into over zealous security 20 somethings, and Ill admit I was one once a long time ago, and I was an asshole. I was given too much power and had no oversight, no one tolook into complaints. These guys need to be given some kind of training, screened for aggressiveness, background checks, that kind of shit. They need someone whos going to look into complaints by citizens. I know they need ppl who can take care of business but we dont need those looking for trouble, tahts why we have wars right?

Three Dog Night were Beach Boys proteges originally known as Redwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    THREE DOG NIGHT - Inspired by an Australian Aboriginal custom of sleeping with a dog for warmth on a cold night - a three dog night would be very cold, plus the band had 3 lead singers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    here ya go ray...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaQzQAlNn4

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    GM is G'ment property...
    Last edited by Dent; July-09-11 at 05:07 PM. Reason: sp

He answered my reply exactly, except, I would add the yooper factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    ...performing a Randy Newman composition.

Small world, Dustin. I haven't gotten his video yet, sorry for no uploads or links yet.

The guy was apparently doing the Human Statue frozen-state busking...and GM security needed to make fools of themselves. That's why I called them Keystoners.

I was merely curious if anyone had the whole story, to see if he was able to keep them at bay...or how messy the takedown was due all the makeup!

If there were any future altercations with Livonia, my friend and his lovely bride would most certainly be on Detroit's side. They are valuable intelligence assets.

Cheers!
    John

Plus, it sounds like the Radicalization of Joseph C. Krause is almost complete...let's make a mockumentary, Joe.

Was he in all black makeup like that statue in New Orleans, who only moves when you pay him alms?

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Plus, it sounds like the Radicalization of Joseph C. Krause is almost complete...let's make a mockumentary, Joe.
    Great idea. Maybe a parallel "Falling Down" [[a 1993 film where an average nice guy gets pushed too far) would be in order.

"All I wanted to do is sit in a public park. Is that too much to ask?"

Quote Originally Posted by chitaku View Post
    Three Dog Night were Beach Boys proteges originally known as Redwood.
    I had Redwood once. Turned out to be lipstick.

I like 3 Dog Night music best when it's being performed by Chuck Negron [[one of the original dogs but singing solo for a long time).

Actually, tonight, I'm kinda thinking more about that war with Livonia. Heh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast