Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default It's time to share your thoughts on Transit Oriented Development [[TOD)

The Downtown Development Partnership [[DDP) wants to talk Woodward Light Rail and Transit Oriented Development [[TOD) with you, the people who live and work downtown.

Specifically, the DDP wants to see walkable, "livable" mixed-use development in the community that reinforces the sense of community downtown and serves as a catalyst for neighborhood/city building.

So be sure to bring your comments, concerns and suggestions!

It's hosted by DDP. If you have any questions or to RSVP, please email Ryan Epstein at ryan.epstein@downtowndetroit.org or sign up via the event page on facebook: http://on.fb.me/qZiS81

Hope to see you there!

When: Wednesday, July 13 · 5:30pm - 7:00pm
    Where: Westin Book Cadillac, Crystal Ballroom, Detroit

Excuse me for longing for the DUR. But routes extending to Romeo and Flint at all hours makes sense to me. Where have we gone in the past 100 years ? We have nothing now as compared to 100 years ago. Boy, limited bus service from a city [[point A) to a city [[point b), is crap.

For the record, I'm not associated with this event other than I've offered to help spread the word.

Please consider attending if you have any opinions on Transit Oriented Development - especially if you live an/or work downtown.

For example- secured bike storage options, bike lanes, pedestrian zones, safety concerns, the type of businesses you'd like to see strategically placed alongside new transit developments, etc........

OR

just google Transit Oriented Development and go from there

RSVP on the facebook event page:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=161540857249331