Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Gateway Marketplace Redevelopment Hearing

CITY OF DETROIT
    BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT AUTORITY
    COUNTY OF WAYNE, MICHIGAN
    TO ALL INTERESTED PERSONS IN THE CITY OF DETROIT
    PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
    that the city of Detroit Brownfield Redevelopment Authority is considering a proposed Brownfield Plan for the Gateway Marketplace Redevelopment. A Public Hearing to receive comments on the proposed Brownfield Plan will be held:

Friday July 8, 2011 3:00 PM
    Renaissance Bowling Center
    19600 Woodward Avenue
    Detroit, MI 48203

The property comprising the Plan at 20540 Woodward Avenue is located on Detroit’s north side, bounded by Woodward Avenue to the west and Eight Mile Road to the north.

...would have thought they'd have locked this down over the three years they've been "Breaking Ground". It was my understanding that all brownfield credits are being eliminated for the 2012 fiscal year [[starting Oct 1).

I don't get good feelings for the future of this development.

:-/

They were dutifully pushing dirt around when I drove by a week ago.

I have to say those must be some really incredibly engineered piles of dirt, if they've been working on the site for three years and that's all they've managed to construct. I think Cranbrook managed to build an entire school, from funding and planning to moving in, in about the same amount of time it's taken to build those dirt piles.