Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: The New Guy

Default The New Guy

Greetings everyone,

I am a longtime "lurker," first time poster. I usually read posts and find myself encouraged or informed by the comments shared on the boards. Sometimes comments evoke laughter and other times I raise an eyebrow or shake my head. Either way everyone's contribution is compelling in some manner.

I am a lifelong resident of the city of Detroit, DPS and Wayne State educated, who has no plans of leaving. Detroit is one of the most unique cities in the world and I'm proud to be a tax-paying, voting member of its community.

I did a search to find a introduction thread, but didn't find it. So forgive me if I've created an unnecessary discussion. I felt it would be appropriate for me to say, "hello" before I jump into conversations.

Hello and welcome aboard.

ditto the above.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMike View Post
    So forgive me if I've created an unnecessary discussion.
    Worry not. As a longtime lurker, you'll know we can find a way to transition any topic of conversation to the questionable sustainability of suburban sprawl or the underappreciation of Detroit's charms in the national dialogue.

I felt it would be appropriate for me to say, "hello" before I jump into conversations.
    See, good for you. I keep saying you Detroiters are a polite bunch. Me, I just uncorked a couple of years of bottled up frustration about the untapped potential of Detroit in the form of an unprovoked diatribe on the reasonableness of car sharing.

There's a Detroit Mike I've been meaning to bump into on here, as it seemed like his type of site...check your PM for a long shot.
    Last edited by fryar; July-07-11 at 10:10 AM.

DM, welcome, nice introduction. You will fit right in.

Hello, new guy!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, DetroitMike!

Welcome.

Anyone else who's lurking and reading this should jump in also. The more people who post makes for a more interesting forum.

Greetings, DetroitMike, and welcome to DetroitYES!!!!

I did a search to find a introduction thread, but didn't find it. So forgive me if I've created an unnecessary discussion. I felt it would be appropriate for me to say, "hello" before I jump into conversations.
    Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the Jungle DM...

I'm here by way of Detroit, Oak Park, Lake Orion, Rochester, Mt. Clemens, The Navy, Mt.Clemens again, Warren, Rochester again, and Oakland Mi, close to Lakeville. But I'm an Urban dude by way of L.A.

I found this spot by a link several years ago, and have been reading it ever since. It takes a Django to make this home.
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-08-11 at 12:42 AM.

I take that back - I was without the internut at home for two years, what a crappy time. I'm now making up for it, by answering this stuff. [[love it).

Nice intro...I'm in a similar situation but didn't have the forethought to send such an admirable introduction. Been lurking for a couple years and have learned a ton just by browsing. Many thanks to Lowell and DYes-ers.

Welcome DetroitMike!!

Eventually this thread will likely get moved over to DETROIT CONNECTIONS.... so don't take any offense if that happens [[and you can always find more comments over there)....

Great,
    Thanks everyone. Move it to wherever it needs to be Gistok. No offense taken.

Can anybody give me the link to the old forum ? I've looked all around this site and can't find one. And if you have it, the link to the old, old forum.

Thanks