Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Michigan's unmarried mothers, freep article

http://www.freep.com/article/2011070...en-study-finds

"The Kids Count in Michigan study found that about 40% percent of births in 2009 were to unmarried woman, compared to 34% in 2000 – a 20% increase."

"About half of all births from 2000-09 were to mothers eligible for Medicaid, the government health insurance program for low-income people ..."

"About four of every five births to African-American women were to unmarried mothers, compared to one of every three for white mothers."

And about 99 out of every 100 dollars made went to the 1,000 richest cocksuckers in America.

I am not sure what Detroitnerd sought to communicate with that post.

I intended to spark a conversation about community wide responsibility to educate our sons and sisters, neices and nephews, and our friends about having responsible fun.

Our friends and family are part of those statistics.
    America increasingly can't afford to support half of the population with Medicaid just as a substantial percentage of the eligible workforce finds it increasingly straining to support pensioners.

America increasingly can't afford to be fleeced of its money by a bunch of rich, criminal, cocksucker bankers. What you get is a few rich cocksuckers and a society that's increasingly destroyed.

Oh, sorry. Too much work? Let's just blame it all on po' folks.

Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    I intended to spark a conversation about community wide responsibility to educate our sons and sisters, neices and nephews, and our friends about having responsible fun.

Our friends and family are part of those statistics.
    America increasingly can't afford to support half of the population with Medicaid just as a substantial percentage of the eligible workforce finds it increasingly straining to support pensioners.
    What angers me most about the far right and left of this is this exact fact. We can reduce these stats by giving our kids better information about consequences. Kids have no idea about self control, responsibility, or how hard having kids at a young age will make thier lives and impact thier earning potential.

Let's get revenge for those lucky duckies. They obviously chose to be born poor so they could live off our transfer payments!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/marc-...-people-2011-4

Seriously, though, maybe if we didn't ship every job off to countries where they work for pennies, we would still have jobs here, our idle men would be employed, and therefore would be a benefit to a woman who wants children, instead of a burden.

I've been bored looking at online singles adds on that news site and seen young black women that list their occupation as single mother. Makes me wonder if some of them had the kids intentionally for the state assistance realizing that they had very low to non existent earning potential and consider it a legitimate form of employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoracks View Post
    I've been bored looking at online singles adds on that news site and seen young black women that list their occupation as single mother. Makes me wonder if some of them had the kids intentionally for the state assistance realizing that they had very low to non existent earning potential and consider it a legitimate form of employment.
    Yeah, man. It's totally cushy to be a single, black mother in the United States. Uncle Sam gives you thousands of dollars a week and your own Cadillac. And the schools are free and totally amazing. As for the job prospects, those are stellar too. Damn entitlements!

As for work without pay, mothers of all stripes have been arguing that it's unpaid work for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    As for work without pay, mothers of all stripes have been arguing that it's unpaid work for centuries.
    DN, look at the calendar, it's not 1961. You been watching the news lately? What makes you so sure these women even want these kids? Parents have to love their children first and that means actually planning for and caring for them after they are born. It has nothing to do with poor or rich.

To me sterization comes to mind especially to those who abuse, torchure or murder their children. A little barbaric but would solve many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jbd441 View Post
    DN, look at the calendar, it's not 1961.
    Thanks for the update.

You been watching the news lately? What makes you so sure these women even want these kids? Parents have to love their children first and that means actually planning for and caring for them after they are born. It has nothing to do with poor or rich.
    No, it's just the the rich in this country have [[a) sent your job overseas, [[b) looted the national treasury, which, in turn, guts the ability to pay for social services, education and the common welfare, [[c) love, love, LOVE it when we frame social issues in individual moral terms. That lets them off the hook nicely for their criminal activity.

To me sterization comes to mind especially to those who abuse, torchure or murder their children. A little barbaric but would solve many problems.
    How about forced sterilization for criminal, cocksucker, white, rich, upper-class bankers -- followed by public crucifixion?

Don't forget the $2500 tax credit for every child pumped out!!

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Don't forget the $2500 tax credit for every child pumped out!!

Stromberg2
    Silly me. I thought that was a benefit only for married white people to milk.

Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    Why drag pensioners into this discussion?

Pensioners paid into Medicare all the years they were working. They also paid into Social Security. They also paid, and still pay property taxes for the roads that America still uses, the schools to which Americans still send their young children, etc. Taxes from pensioners were building and protecting this country while the eligible workforce [[myself included of course) was still just a bunch of crumbsnatchers. The difference between me and the rest of the crumbsnatchers though is that I don't resent pensioners - they get what they were promised.

As for unwed mothers, what did we think was going to happen once America, all of America, started its downward spiral? And let's not pretend it's not about the poor. We don't seem to have a problem when rich celebrities have kids out of wedlock.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    What angers me most about the far right and left of this is this exact fact. We can reduce these stats by giving our kids better information about consequences. Kids have no idea about self control, responsibility, or how hard having kids at a young age will make thier lives and impact thier earning potential.
    As far as having no idea how hard having a kid at a young age is how about they just open their eyes and look around them? It's not like this is a hidden problem, especially in the black community where numbers are approaching 80%. Most kids can observe their friends, neighbors, or maybe even their own mother to see the difficulties of an out of wedlock birth.

This statistic might be drastically different if:
    1. having children you can't afford to care for on your own didn't mean you could get more!more!more! for free, easily
    2. people were raised/educated to have pride and realize that popping kids out to increase that first of the month check is a pisspoor idea

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    Why drag pensioners into this discussion?

Pensioners paid into Medicare all the years they were working. They also paid into Social Security. They also paid, and still pay property taxes for the roads that America still uses, the schools to which Americans still send their young children, etc. Taxes from pensioners were building and protecting this country while the eligible workforce [[myself included of course) was still just a bunch of crumbsnatchers. The difference between me and the rest of the crumbsnatchers though is that I don't resent pensioners - they get what they were promised.

As for unwed mothers, what did we think was going to happen once America, all of America, started its downward spiral? And let's not pretend it's not about the poor. We don't seem to have a problem when rich celebrities have kids out of wedlock.
    Who's pretending it's not about the poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    1. having children you can't afford to care for on your own didn't mean you could get more!more!more! for free, easily
    2. people were raised/educated to have pride and realize that popping kids out to increase that first of the month check is a pisspoor idea
    Oh, yeah. I've heard this canard before. Oooh, the eagle shits more money every month for every kid I shit out. Don't believe anybody does this. Ever been in the cheese line, Alley? It ain't all that. It ain't free, and it ain't easy, and nobody does it for the money.

Maybe, but when I look at the births to unwed mothers by state, I don't see any particular connection to states will high levels of benefits. What I see is a connection with states with poor, badly educated populations.

I think the numbers are staggering and sad...it makes me sad for the children

I believe that the circumstances the child is born into matter the most. If the mother is single but educated, attentive and financially independent most of the "issues" wont arise

FYI I am a single mom..not proud, not ashamed it is what it is. My child lacks for nothing but a father..and IMO fathers do count. I regret that my child doesnt have a male figure in her life on a daily basis

I agree with rjk. I can't see how any of them can be blind to the consequences. But, the fact that they might have to pay child support for a child they never wanted does not stop men [[young and old - they are not all kids) from enjoying themselves without protection. Some women don't see any prospects for marriage, but they don't want to be denied children, so they'll have them anyway. Some just want companionship and love and think that is the way to get it.

I know single mothers who are gainfully employed and have successfully raised their children, even putting them through college. I know some who aren't employed or are underemployed and require public assistance. Of course, the problem with out of wedlock births is not just financial.

Honestly, I never thought I'd see the people in this country get so wickedly stupid. Not a peep about the five or six different wars we're in, trillions for the rich and for killing and maiming people, and everybody all upset about, what?, pay for teachers? Benefits for police and firefighters? Hard-done-by single mothers? Has everybody gone nuts here?

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Who's pretending it's not about the poor?
    Post #11, unless I misunderstood it's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Oh, yeah. I've heard this canard before. Oooh, the eagle shits more money every month for every kid I shit out. Don't believe anybody does this. Ever been in the cheese line, Alley? It ain't all that. It ain't free, and it ain't easy, and nobody does it for the money.
    I've been lucky enough not to need aid, and I'm not making generalizations regarding anyone who has/does, but I KNOW people do this. I'm not claiming they're bright people, but I've heard it directly from their mouths, and have then seen the action to back up the discussion. It happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast