Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default [Southfield resident, 17, accused of 14 felonies including shooting retired officer]

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...7_accused.html

These have been a couple of huge stories lately.

Hate to see anyone go into the system, but the city and this guy need to spend some time apart.

I'm sure the thug's mother will proclaim him an angel and say its all a misunderstanding, but I hope the law throws the book at him.

I live in the area where his crimes occurred. I say put scum like him away forever in prison. It's just a matter of time until he adds a few murders to his repertoire of evil. He will never change, only get worse as time progresses and will of course in/out of prison We are much better off with sh*t like him behind bars for life.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...7_accused.html

These have been a couple of huge stories lately.

Hate to see anyone go into the system, but the city and this guy need to spend some time apart.
    This is someone who actually belongs in "the system." No time apart is going to change the wiring.

What went wrong with this kid?

I'll guess. No father in the house. No discipline in the house. Mom not a good parent. etc.

It's people like him that is giving Southfield a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I'll guess. No father in the house. No discipline in the house. Mom not a good parent. etc.

That's right, In the America, 70% of African American women are having babies. But once they have son[[s), they will have a very difficult time teaching them to become a man. So without a father figure to teach them 'man things'. African American males will have to find other 'plastic parent' to look over for them. Otherwise if Black males live so say 'the ghettoes' their education will be from the streets and will graduate with a degree of crime.

For the black male who grew up the next upcoming black ghetto called Southfield, MI. Whatever he did in his life a long time ago will effect him today. He might loss a father, don't have one. His mother might have move him and family to the suburbs to get away from the ghettoes and his stupid street friends. Or he might have constant nightmares of his past. These psychological triggers might give him the criminal element to rob and kill innocent people and defy society. Now he is arrested and destined to spend life in prison he has all the time in the world to repent his sins, watch his back against prison gangs and guards and find peace.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because the black man a threaten species.

NEDA, I MISS YOU SO.

DetroitPole Guest

Because of the death of a parent, I lived in a single parent house for much of my life, as millions of others do, and grew up to be a decent human being. I know plenty of good single parents.

As if people like this had a shithead dad in the house things would be better? This person may have come from a nuclear family - probably learned this stuff from his folks.

It is these worthless sacks of shit who sit around and do nothing, or get drunk and high, while their kids run wild in the streets. They should not have children. I'm a Catholic, but how about free abortions if they like? Better than giving birth to future murderers. Why have children if you're absolutely going to neglect them and allow them to become vile animals, attacking people in the streets?

This is a sad story. For the victims whose lives he's impacted, and obviously for whatever internal misery he's living with. These stories are usually filled with stories for severe emotional and mental trauma from a very, very young age.

The great tragedy is that it creates a cycle of traumatized youth growing up to do unto others...they will reproduce and traumatize their children who will go on to do the same.

I don't have any proposed solutions...it's just a sad side of the human condition.

I have no sympathy for him or people like him. Hundreds of thousands of Americans are victims of violent crime [[myself included) which is too often occuring due to lenient sentencing and lenient parole policies. If a prisoner has never been a threat to others then I can understand parole but if someone like this piece of shit gets a slap on the wrist sentence or is out after five months in prison only to start his vicious premeditated attacks again and repeat the cycle, then he is likely to rob/kill you or someone you know eventually.

I would hope that any person of any race, male or female, that engages in the crimes that this a-hole committed that the person would basically be put away for life. Because if not he will be back on the rampage again. The only reason he did not kill a couple of people this time was not for lack of trying. The next time and the next time and the next time.... eventually he will kill along the way. And even though nobody died in this string of violence does not mean the victims did not suffer a great deal.

Personally I am so tired of hearing about crime victims every time I watch the news. We really are not a highly civilized society when so much crime occurs.
    Last edited by kryptonite; July-08-11 at 10:34 AM.

9mile&seneca Guest

And yet we continue to subsidise it...