Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Attention: Michigan genealogists!

Those of you into your family history -- as I am -- will be thrilled to visit a new web site dedicated to Michigan history. Among the documents they are imaging are Michigan death certificates, currently up to 1920. I've already found four family death certificates from Detroit that I needed. They also print out beautifully. The link is:

http://seekingmichigan.org/

Great site!! I've already found several relatives who came over from
    Germany in the 1800s.

Also just found the 1909 death certificate of my great-great-great grandfather Charles Merriman, who had a farm at Merriman Rd. and Michigan Ave. Wow.

So, Merriman Rd was named after him?? I presume so.

They ain't got squat on my family.

I found a few certificates for my Ancestors, thanks for the link Ray!

thanks for the link Ray, I was able to confirm a theory I had been chasing for a number of years when I found the death certs for a couple of aunts.

A interesting site, but a search function straight from h.e.doublehockeysticks. Try looking for Smiths without the abilty to narrow by date or locale.

Yeah, I agree, gnome....hopefully they'll tweak the site a bit as they build it up.

I have one 'dead end' family line back around 1800. A 3xgreat grandmother's maiden name is Sarah Smith. Fahgeddaboutit.

Great Link!!! Thank you

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I found one of my mother's brothers who died when he was a baby. Been looking for that information for decades.