Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Casey Anthony Trail

anyone been watching it? i only caught it on and off the last week and the closing arguments are going on now. she is so guilty and such a lair and actress.

No, I haven't. Why is there so much hype on this? I don't get it.

She hasn't even been convicted yet and they've already named a trail after her?

well for one, there's a dead child but, i don't know...kinda brings me back to the oj trail. in the meantime, i'm not getting anything done around here watching the prosecution rebuttal and i'm having company today...lol.

Pam, because of the human interest in the macabre. The national enquirer and other similiar rags, sell millions of copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    No, I haven't. Why is there so much hype on this? I don't get it.
    Because she's a pretty, white two year old girl with a mother who led a, let's say unseemly, lifestyle.
    If she was a little darker and a boy, there would be absolutely none of this fuss.
    Last edited by jcole; July-04-11 at 10:59 AM.

Buy American Guest

That's "trial", not trail. Just for clarification purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Pam, because of the human interest in the macabre. The national enquirer and other similiar rags, sell millions of copies.
    But there are murder trials every day, I don't know what's so special about this one. [[The parent and child angle happens a lot too.) I could see it if the accused was a celeb. like OJ, but she's not.

It's a distraction. Poor little child, but it's the circus that gets the ratings. Better than reporting the actual news.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Because she's a pretty, white two year old girl with a mother who led a, let's say unseemly, lifestyle.
    If she was a little darker and a boy, there would be absolutely none of this fuss.
    you think so j? first time i have to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    It's a distraction. Poor little child, but it's the circus that gets the ratings. Better than reporting the actual news.
    I often wonder who in the media decides which cases should get wall to wall coverage when there is no celebrity involved.

If that were the case then there would not have been much fuss over the disappearance of Dejuan Sims at Fairlane Mall a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    But there are murder trials every day, I don't know what's so special about this one. [[The parent and child angle happens a lot too.) I could see it if the accused was a celeb. like OJ, but she's not.
    Maybe it's because we all "know" she did it; but the result depends on circumstancial evidence given by a bundle of "lairs"; and the Prosecutor has asked for the death penalty so heightening the anticipation. Unlike OJ she wasn't wearing her gloves when she didn't do it; so she can't use that one. In the OJ case the death penalty was never on the table so the interest was as you say celeb [[and ethnicity). I remember on his release he pledged to find the real murderer and I guess he's still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    you think so j? first time i have to disagree with you.
    It just seems in recent years all of the disappearing child cases that have garnered the most attention have been young white females. Take Jon-Benet, Natalee Holloway, Madeliene McCann; those are the big cases you hear about on the news day after day. And don't forget about Elizabeth Smart.
    The search for Caylee went on for six months with massive media coverage until they found her body, and now the trial has followed. How many little non-Caucasoid non-females get that kind of media attention? DeJuan Syms got some attention when he disappeared but for how long outside of the local area?

This is an article by a Psychologist on why everybody, [[except me), seems to be fascinated by this story.

http://tinyurl.com/3z2op9w

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I remember on his release he pledged to find the real murderer and I guess he's still looking.
    Well he's in a place now where he just might find the real murderer. I guess the golf course angle wasn't working too well for him.

It just seems in recent years all of the disappearing child cases that have garnered the most attention have been young white females. Take Jon-Benet, Natalee Holloway, Madeliene McCann; those are the big cases you hear about on the news day after day. And don't forget about Elizabeth Smart.
    The search for Caylee went on for six months with massive media coverage until they found her body, and now the trial has followed. How many little non-Caucasoid non-females get that kind of media attention? DeJuan Syms got some attention when he disappeared but for how long outside of the local area?
    ok, you got me. i take it back

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Well he's in a place now where he just might find the real murderer. I guess the golf course angle wasn't working too well for him.
    I'd forgotten where he is, so your note reminded me [[of the irony?). I can't help having a sneaking feeling however that wherever he is, his search is very "warm". I haven't watched the Anthony trial [[because she's not a celeb) except for the summing-up and she's obviously got a big problem - and it's herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    If that were the case then there would not have been much fuss over the disappearance of Dejuan Sims at Fairlane Mall a few years ago.
    He actually disappeared from what was Wonderland Mall in Livonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    This is an article by a Psychologist on why everybody, [[except me), seems to be fascinated by this story.

http://tinyurl.com/3z2op9w
    Interesting how this article is on CNN's website. I remember that it was Nancy Grace, of CNN, who was the one who was really whipping up a frenzy about this when the girl first disappeared. She's been beating this horse ever since. The coverage has extended to other segments of CNN, & now other media outlets, since Grace first started it.

I'm not really fascinated with it either, but apparently the criminal justice system in Florida is bent on getting this case over. I was quite surprised to see that this trial has been in session everyday of the July 4th holiday & weekend.

Buy American Guest

Casey not guilty of murdering Caylee....unbelieveable!

I guess the baby got in the laundry bag, put the duct tape on her face herself, then threw herself in the swamp to rot. Today I feel the same way I felt when OJ was aquitted of murder...maybe justice will be served at a later date.

This is just another OJ trial for the books. They need to get rid of the hand picked juries, and just take them out of a pool, just as the rest of us would get, if we were'nt on TV.

i'm totally in agreement with you both. her day will come but maybe just not here on earth.

They need to get rid of the hand picked juries, and just take them out of a pool,
    Hell, I've been saying that for a long time. Let the Court validate a juror as qualified and impartial. Keep the attorneys out of the process.

Dr. Emil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Casey not guilty of murdering Caylee....unbelieveable!

I guess the baby got in the laundry bag, put the duct tape on her face herself, then threw herself in the swamp to rot. Today I feel the same way I felt when OJ was aquitted of murder...maybe justice will be served at a later date.
    If you were there and know first hand that Casey Anthony killed her child, then why haven't you brought that evidence to the authorities?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast