Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fire [Former Highland Theater in Highland Park]

On Woodward? Can't find any info.

Great thread title.

Informative.

I could easily see the fire from street-level in Midtown.

Not meant to be informative.

wheel

lever

Wow! This is bad. Another pending eye sore for Woodward....
    Quote Originally Posted by j to the jeremy View Post

My guess was the Packard plant.

I guess the night is still young.

Attachment 10069This was my view from the border of Detroit/ HP looking north...

Just saw coverage on WDIV.An apartment bldg,garage,&furniture store have all been lost in this fire. Reporter said there have been 8 today,six yesterday in HP. Furniture store may have been saved but FireFighters had to go blocks away for a working hydrant.
    I'm so sorry to see this happen!

For location purposes, has it taken out the Highland Park [[Hiland) Theatre?

Man, for the last minute I thought Giants player Bryan Wilson started this fire during his revenge at last night's Tigers game and tried to start a metro area-wide riot! [[that would mean he would steal a flamethrower, board a SMART bus up Woodward then get kicked off near the intersection of Glendale Street when the driver notices the flamethrower) If that were the case then everything in that photo would be burning. Glad nothing else in that photo was on fire.
    Last edited by mtburb; July-02-11 at 07:04 PM.

lilpup Guest

So, who's torching Highland Park? Fourteen arsons in the last two days.

Too bad for whoever had a layaway at that furniture store. I guess the liquor store is a goner too.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    So, who's torching Highland Park? Fourteen arsons in the last two days.

They interviewed the owner of the furniture store on the radio. He says he has lost everything. Sad...

Yes, years back I'd gone in there at one point seeking to purchase a bed [[which they did not have brand I wanted) and the place was filled to the rafters with merchandise...
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferL View Post
    They interviewed the owner of the furniture store on the radio. He says he has lost everything. Sad...
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-03-11 at 06:00 AM.

he also said he had some insurance. Something tells me he wont be rebuilding on that site tho.

Yes PLEASE...Someone tell us if the old Highland Theatre is OK? Ugh! F*ck it duoglasm.....Im on my way to go see for myself ASAP! Ill let you know as soon as I get down there!

Looked like the theatre took a hit and the roof was gone in the SW corner of the building...DetroitBob66 what did you see when you viewed in person?

The southern side of the former Highland Theatre is hit....ugh! Im so pissed off, and the craziest thing about it is the fire was still burning today when I was there! WTF?

Ahhhh, the Hiland Theater. Oh my, the things they let you do in those days. Well, there go a few more Motor City memories of the '70s, fading further into the irretrievable past...

Who cares? The whole damn hell hole can burn for all I care. What a disfunkshunal shithole that place is. Save for the Model T Plant....BURN BABY BURN!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast