Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Another Conyers' Home Draws Complaints...

Last edited by Zacha341; June-29-11 at 10:32 PM.

So a while back, before Monica got sent off to camp cupcake, I heard about her having an affair with a local attorney. Rumor had it that they had a "love nest" on the east side. I wonder if this is the home in question.

^I don't think that place would meet the standards of a crackwhore.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    ^I don't think that place would meet the standards of a crackwhore.
    So it would be perfect for Monica ??

People have questioned me about why I wanted Conyers out of office. This is as good a reason as any. The unfortunate thing is he will be in office until he decides [[which he probably never will) not to run again. If these are our leaders no wonder we are in the condition we are in.

Good ol' hit-n-run journalism. Can't attack John on the issues? Hit him where it's irrelevant.

DetroitPole Guest

Irrelevant? I detest when people don't keep up the homes in my neighborhood. One bad house can make a whole block look awful. These are real issues that we have to deal with every day. So because he votes the way you like he can not keep up with everything else that goes along with being a good citizen?

The article says it was the neighbors who called him. So it's not like he was exactly muckraking for this one.

I may agree with the Congressman on most issues, or at least the positions he takes [[not sure what he really believes) but he doesn't appear to be an upstanding citizen, and it's pretty digusting that he didn't ever raise a finger against his "wife" just because she'll out his old gay ass.

Nerd, good ol' blind allegiance to a fellow traveler. He certainly can be attacked on the issues as well as on his personal irresponsiblity with his eyesore houses, his wife, his wife's public defender, his abused government car, his layabout son and misuse of staffers, etc.

Just because you agree with him on the issues is no reason to give him a pass on everything else.

I really don't think you have to use the word "gay" when you are bashing him about his ethics!

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Nerd, good ol' blind allegiance to a fellow traveler. He certainly can be attacked on the issues as well as on his personal irresponsiblity with his eyesore houses, his wife, his wife's public defender, his abused government car, his layabout son and misuse of staffers, etc.

Just because you agree with him on the issues is no reason to give him a pass on everything else.
    Haha. As if I agree with him on everything. You can point out partisan nonsense without being a partisan yourself, can't you?

FOX news goes after democratic representative. Oh, gee. I wonder if that's politically motivated...

Exactly, it is obvious that his Republican neighbors on Charlevoix set up Mr Conyers and ratted him out to Robert Murdock directly. No doubt those mean and selfish neighbors have Mr Murdock on speed dial.

Good work, Dnerd, you've exposed those Republicans to be the lawn Nazis they really are.

LOL! I don't care if green men from planet mars brought this to the public's attention, so long as it is addressed in all of its brazen hypocrisy! Detroiter's should be fed up with leaders who say one thing and do the complete opposite - especially on the home front from which they claim to love and cherish oh so deeply!
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Exactly, it is obvious that his Republican neighbors on Charlevoix set up Mr Conyers and ratted him out to Robert Murdock directly. No doubt those mean and selfish neighbors have Mr Murdock on speed dial.

Good work, Dnerd, you've exposed those Republicans to be the lawn Nazis they really are.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-30-11 at 04:25 PM.

The story indicates that this house was the subject of a similar story 5 years ago. They had someone come out, clean it up, mow the lawn, and then they never came back.

Shameful. But he doesn't care because he'll get re-elected as many times as he wants. He's on auto-pilot.

Hack reporter writes hit piece for politically motivated news network. It's a tale as old as time. You don't care to pick it apart because you're just roaring for more red meat. In other words, you're part of the problem too. Carry on...

Detroit Fox 2 is a Republican mouthpiece? What idiotic bilge water. Confusing Detroit Fox 2 with the national Fox News Network? Ignorant. Next you'll be claiming the Tigers play at Comerica Bank and Mies Van der Rohe designed Lafayette Coney Island.

I agree with just about everything John Conyers stands for. But on the issue of his homes, he is aloof to the point of being comatose. You just don't expect a congressman who supposedly cares about Detroit to mess up the neighborhoods like he has done by failing to maintain two houses that he owns.

And attacking the "hack reporter" and "politically motivated news network," sounds like Sarah Palin or Sean Hannity. I take LeDuff at his word that the neighbors called him, and the report showed a number of people who seemed upset.

Beyond his homes, Conyers' record is certainly ripe for criticism. Not his ideology, but his record of representing his district. He is an odd dude. He has been in office since 1965, but his tenure has been pretty erratic. With his gerrymandered new district, and his advancing age, this very well could be his last term.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    LOL! I don't care if green men from planet mars brought this to the public's attention, so long as it is addressed in all of it's brazen hypocrisy! Detroiter's should be fed up with leaders who say one thing and do the complete opposite - especially on the home front from which they claim to love and cherish oh so deeply!
    Absolutely. How can Detroit get better if its leaders are crapping on the city too? Conyers not maintaining his houses shows his contempt for Detroit. He wouldn't let his houses fall to pieces if he lived in Bloomfield Hills, now would he? Why is he so comfortable doing it in Detroit? Because he doesn't see any value in the city either. It's why the voters of Detroit need to vote his butt out!!! And yes, I'm quite mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    With his gerrymandered new district, and his advancing age, this very well could be his last term.
    Amen if it is his last term. He's had more than enough time to push his agenda. It is time for him to move on.
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; June-30-11 at 02:27 PM.

OK, fine. Believe the plagiarist... *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Hack reporter writes hit piece for politically motivated news network. It's a tale as old as time. You don't care to pick it apart because you're just roaring for more red meat. In other words, you're part of the problem too. Carry on...
    Regardless of who ran the story, do you think it's acceptable for Conyers to allow two homes in city neighborhoods to be left so unattended to?

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post
    Regardless of who ran the story, do you think it's acceptable for Conyers to allow two homes in city neighborhoods to be left so unattended to?
    Well, considering you don't like powerful people to own blighted structures, you might start with Moroun. He owns hundreds of them. Just sayin'...

But then that would be throwing red meat to the wrong constituency. LeDoof knows where his bread is buttered.

the house is more than just an eyesore that brings down the neighborhood - report points out the fact that neighbors are afraid to let their [[grand) children play near the house as well as the one lady who had a hard time getting insurance and when she did it was at a high premium.

FOX news goes after democratic representative. Oh, gee. I wonder if that's politically motivated...
    I hate Fox News, but WJBK doesn't really seem to be biased.

So you think that an congressman owning multiple unmaintained houses isn't an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I hate Fox News, but WJBK doesn't really seem to be biased.

So you think that an congressman owning multiple unmaintained houses isn't an issue?
    I think anybody owning an unmaintained house is an issue. Somebody owns the lot next to where I live and hasn't maintained it in years. But I know that LeDoof will never take him to task because it's not grist for his brand of "populism."

Do you think it isn't important to take sensationalist news with a grain of salt? Or maybe you're just all jazzed to let Conyers -- among thousands of absentee landlords, many more powerful than he is -- get it?

Well, considering you don't like powerful people to own blighted structures, you might start with Moroun. He owns hundreds of them. Just sayin'...
    It has nothing to do with "powerful people." Conyers was elected by the people to represent them and the city, and he's setting a very poor example. No one elected Moroun. See the difference?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast