Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hecker-Smiley Mansion for Sale

Got an email a couple of days ago about the broker tour, the site's got some nice interior shots:

http://www.heckersmiley.com

Spectacular ornamental plaster......nearly a lost art.

Only 3.5 million? I'll buy two!

Preservation Wayne is doing a fundraiser there on July 20th too.

What happened to the tenants, the law firm Charfoos & Christensen?

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    According to their web site they are still kicking. And, apparently, handling the civil case against Greg McNicol's murderer. Looks like they are going after that lotto money.
    Last edited by JBMcB; June-29-11 at 06:22 PM. Reason: reword confusation

Paging Dan Gilbert........

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Tenants? I thought they owned the place, unless they sold it in recent years and just stayed there.

C & C is doing just fine. They still do plenty of birth trauma work along with other civil Plaintiff's work. Larry Charfoos left within the past year and it was a nasty split. It would not surprise me if "Charfoos" is taken off of the firm name some time in the future. Charfoos is now partnered with Judge Giovan in the Penobscot building. He took some business with him, but I don't imagine that is why they are leaving the mansion. Dave Christenson is still one of the best trial lawyers in the midwest. They simply have been looking to get out of there for some time. It costs a bunch of money to maintain such a place, which I think would be better suited for another bed and breakfast in the area anyway.

Dan Duggan did a piece in Crain's about the sale.

if i could....i would

That building used to be the Danish Consulate as well as law firm.... is Dave Christianson still the Consul General for Denmark in Detroit? Or did they do like the German Consulate and move to Chicago?

I've been thru every floor of that building except the attic... the basement was modernized into a kitchen and offices. But the main rooms are still glorious...