Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Fountain Bistro

Default Fountain Bistro

I had noticed that Fountain Bistro was opened last friday. It had been closed since saturday. Does anyone know what happened?

Sorry, but I do not recall ever seeing or hearing of the place.

I never heard of it either, but there is a website:

http://www.campusmartiuspark.org/amen_cafe.htm

Is this the one you mean?

Fountain Bistro at Campus Martius Park , with its glass facade accented with metal and stone, offers panoramic views of the entire Campus Martius Park. Visitors have access to the bistro for dine in seating on the east side of the building next to the fountain or carry-out on the south end of the building.

Hours of Operation:
    Temporarily Closed for Renovations

DETROIT, February 28, 2011—Fountain Bistro at Campus Martius Park will close its doors temporarily starting at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 1 to begin second phase renovations. It is scheduled to reopen in May of 2011 as a full-service restaurant with a menu featuring hearty comfort food influenced by the traditions of French cooking. The name and ownership will remain the same.

Thank you Gazhekwe, I look forward to grabbing a sandwich there when they reopen.

Definitely open today during lunch. WCSX had a classic cover band, Campus Martius was hoppin'. The new Bistro was doing pretty good business - the outside seating fenced area was full around 1:15.

Great food! I had lunch there with my business partners and really enjoyed it...LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by cramerro View Post
    Definitely open today during lunch. WCSX had a classic cover band, Campus Martius was hoppin'. The new Bistro was doing pretty good business - the outside seating fenced area was full around 1:15.
    Just walked by on my way home- same experience. It looks a lot more "classy" than it previously did. Nice job to whomever is in charge.

Isn't this a little too upscale for a lunch spot in the park? You need a lot of repeat business weekly from the limited number of office workers nearby.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...70347/1001/biz

Looks good to me. Can you take the alcohol outside under one of the umbrellas? That would make it even better. There isn't enough good spots to sit outside downtown.

wine? scotch? sold.

Quote Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
    Looks good to me. Can you take the alcohol outside under one of the umbrellas? That would make it even better. There isn't enough good spots to sit outside downtown.
    So true. Detroit needs more rooftop spots. I'm going to turn Detroit into a rooftop city one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    So true. Detroit needs more rooftop spots. I'm going to turn Detroit into a rooftop city one of these days.
    Rooftops can get overly crowded [[See Chelis, and Old Shillelagh) sometimes it's nice to just be on the ground and outside, like a patio area.

Just to let everyone know, Fountain Bistro will have free drinks today from 5-6:30 as a sort of grand opening celebration. See ya there!

^^^^ just bumpin this up before 5

Ate there the other day for lunch. The sammich was tasty, albeit $7, so a tad high for this broke-ass Detroiter for lunch. Only real complaint is that the menu is decidedly NOT vegetarian-friendly. Had to order a chicken 'n pesto sammich minus the chicken - and was charged the same price. Still, can't beat eating on the patio next to the fountain on a beautiful summer day. I approve.

Wow, that's a good looking vehicle! They sure don't make them like that anymore.

Stromberg2

Wow, ignore above, wrong thread!

Stromberg....stupid