Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Default Jobbie Nooner day

I can't think of a bigger piece of nonsense than all the hoo-ha about Jobbie Nooner every year.

There, I said it.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    I can't think of a bigger piece of nonsense than all the hoo-ha about Jobbie Nooner every year.

There, I said it.
    I agree. I'm also glad that it's raining today too. Soggy drunks aren't very appealing.

I predict mass shrinkage.

I want to go to it sometime just because.... If anyone reading this has a boat and is going I will be happy to contribute to costs to ride along. Just hit the Contact Us link at the bottom any page to let me know.

Sure it might be corny, outlandish and garish but it is a Detroit tradition in the vein of the growing Nain Rouge parade or a Robocop statue. So what? We don't have to be serious all the time. Do we?

Video update from Channel 7 - Sorry the weather sucks but at least it isn't violent weather.

This is as big of a story as the media makes it out to be. There's nothing happening there that you can't see at a good college frat party in fall.

I've been once when I was younger, stupid and not married...basically a XXX film out there....but with a live crowd and booze and drugs..GREAT TIMES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post

There, I said it.
    I feel pretty much the same way, but I may be jealous because I don't have a boat, nor friends that have a boat..lol. It seems like the type of event you would REALLY scrub yourself hard after

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    I've been once when I was younger, stupid and not married...basically a XXX film out there....but with a live crowd and booze and drugs..GREAT TIMES!!!
    me too but it wasn't XXX at the time....maybe just a little X.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    This is as big of a story as the media makes it out to be. There's nothing happening there that you can't see at a good college frat party in fall.
    Yes, except you need to add about an average of 45lbs of gut fat and muffin tops and about 25 yrs in age to the participants. Mardi gras is a debutante cotillion compared to the buffoonery on display at JN.

I've seen some pretty wild sex stuff on the Au Sable river. I couldn't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    I've seen some pretty wild sex stuff on the Au Sable river. I couldn't believe it.
    x2 on that. There was a girl canoeing completely topless last year. The AuSable is nuts.

what is this, exactly? how long has it been going on?

For years at Gull Island, the boat people converge for a St. Clair edition of Lake Havasu. Plenty of topless women abound, mostly mothers who should know better.

My favorite memory is anchoring our boat, hearing a yell, seeing an older lady running towards our boat with no top on and some biguns, then hearing one of the girls on our boat say: Oh my God, that's my Mom.

"My favorite memory is anchoring our boat, hearing a yell, seeing an older lady running towards our boat with no top on and some biguns"

Did she have a couple of black eyes too?

Not that bad, but bad enough. I wish I could erase that from my memory.

LOL! Earlier the NSFW jobbienooner.com website was coming back with a 503 error: "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Im with Lowell, I just want to go once for the experience. Im not going to lie though, I dig half nekid chicks running around.

I wonder if I could get a martini couch out there?

Im too old for that type of partying, was never really into that type of thing but come on, why all the prudishness? I could be down for some hedonistic fun once a year.

God bless America. God bless Detroit.

Jobbie Nooner is a Detroit tradition stemming from the success of organized labor. While the event itself is surely gratuitous, what Jobbie Nooner stands for is far more important. It's a reminder that the workers of this great nation still dictate its destiny, and that American labor is the world's most important commodity. That is the legacy of Detroit; it is the legacy of our society itself, albeit drunken, topless, on a boat, and in the middle of a shallow lake. Party on. Never die.

Is this event still held on Gull Island? I wonder if is something of a spinoff of the Sweat Hog Regatta that was thrown on Gull Island in the '70s. In any case, I out grew group drunks by the time I got out of the Marines in '70s. Though, I did stagger out of Tiger Stadium a number of times and old Olympia Stadium.

Jobbie nooner ?

Back in the day, we called it Muskamoot bay. You walked between boats, while peeing and drinking in the water. Those were the good old days.

I've been to a few Lk. St. Clair events like this. For those of you thinking this anything like "Girls Gone Wild", you'll be disappointed. You'll be hanging out in a big toilet bowl full of men and women that you'd see at the Secretary of State. Literally.

I don't know if I was more scared of contracting a disease, or hitting another boat and sinking, as all of these Captain Morgans, drunk as skunks, trying to get their boats home. It is still illegal to operate a boat, drunk, correct?

St. Clair County complains about revenue problems. All they need to do is hang out at the boat docks in the summer. In the evening, as people are coming in, make drivers blow breath-tests, and cart the drunk ones away. That'll help the budget along, and take steps in not making me fear for my life being on the water in Lk. St. Clair on any given weekend.

Nice thing about being old like me is you've seen enought tits in your life that you just yawn now. Apologies to the ladies.

Muscamoot bay is where boaters go to party every Saturday and Sunday. Gull Island, is very close though. In my experience, the Raft Off is a million times better than Jobbie Nooner. Jobbie is full of gross people that don't shower or know how to handle their alcohol. If you're over 21, and have all you're teeth...I'd suggest the Raft Off. It's usually always in August. That is a GREAT time.

This is an obvious exploitation of Estrogen-Americans fueled by the Achohol-industrial Complex.

^^^^^ ROTFL! And a grand time had for all [[who wanted to be so engaged).....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast