Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Pistons Draft Brandon Knight

Not expecting him to drop in their lap, but gotta be thrilled to get this guy. All of the big men were projects so it's great to have a polished point guard to build around.
    Now hopefully we can move Stuckey or Gordon.

I don't see Stuckey leaving other than to move over to the 2 guard. I rather see Rip leave than Gordon but both have bad contracts so we shall see.

I'm not sure I would call him a polished point guard, he is only one year removed from high school.
    However I think it turned out great for us. We dont have a great point guard and in time I think he will be just that. Stuckey wasnt working at the point and has some real value at the off guard position. I see Stuckey and Knight sharing point guard duties for awile and Gordon as the off guard, and also see Stuckey and Knight on the floor at the same time. Its going to be up to Stuckey to make this transition work.
    The last three years has been a complete disaster, I cant believe Dumars has been given a pass on all the bad decisions he has made. Tying all that cash up for Gordon and Vill.. was about as dumb as drafting Darko.

While not giving Dumars a complete pass for some of his drafting decisions, I won't kill him on it either. Back when the Pistons drafted Darko, the front office european scouts, I believe had too much influence within the organization when it came to pushing Euro's to draft to Dumars.After Darko, those guys are no longer with the organization and Dumars if you notice since then has been very careful about drafting Euro's.

The better critism of Dumars I think has been his selection of coaches. Curry he flat out made a mistake on.Coach Q I think was only supposed to be a stopgap until the team was sold, but it took longer than expected. Dumars needs to get this one right.

I give Dumars a pass on just about anything that's happened since Bill D. passed in March 2009. It's been obvious since then that his hands have been tied from doing anything.

I think he wanted to hire Doug Collins as coach but wasn't given the budget that Collins wanted, so he had to go on the cheap for Q.

I don't think Charlie V and Gordon were his choices but he was probably told that it was now or never in terms of being able to spend money in free agency, so he took what he could get.

Rip would have never been kept on the team after all his bellyaching and acting out except for the fact that any deal would have meant them eating money, something Mrs. D was likely vetoing.

Everybody can second guess the Darko pick all they want and of course everyone will, but if he would have passed on Darko, he would have been the laughingstock of the league for the months following. Hindsight is 20-20 you know.

Dumars has made mistakes over the years but he's also had a lot of hits so much that I'm willing to give him another chance. He took a team that had been a laughingstock for years and years and turned them into a contender lasting the span of a decade. That championship and all those finals appearances didn't happen by accident. I'm confident with the solid support of an owner [[which he had during the contention years and didn't have during the last two), he can bring success back.

Get real, no one would have been laughing at the Lions with Carmelo, Bosh or Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    I give Dumars a pass on just about anything that's happened since Bill D. passed in March 2009. It's been obvious since then that his hands have been tied from doing anything.

I think he wanted to hire Doug Collins as coach but wasn't given the budget that Collins wanted, so he had to go on the cheap for Q.

I don't think Charlie V and Gordon were his choices but he was probably told that it was now or never in terms of being able to spend money in free agency, so he took what he could get.

Rip would have never been kept on the team after all his bellyaching and acting out except for the fact that any deal would have meant them eating money, something Mrs. D was likely vetoing.

Everybody can second guess the Darko pick all they want and of course everyone will, but if he would have passed on Darko, he would have been the laughingstock of the league for the months following. Hindsight is 20-20 you know.

Dumars has made mistakes over the years but he's also had a lot of hits so much that I'm willing to give him another chance. He took a team that had been a laughingstock for years and years and turned them into a contender lasting the span of a decade. That championship and all those finals appearances didn't happen by accident. I'm confident with the solid support of an owner [[which he had during the contention years and didn't have during the last two), he can bring success back.

Tommy Udo Guest

I Still Hate Danny Ainge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the Lions? I didnt know that those three were tight ends as well...

Someone hacked my post. I could not have written Lions!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    With the Lions? I didnt know that those three were tight ends as well...