Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Talk about the odd couple

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Talk about the odd couple
    c'mon, everyone knows they are lovers

Great, now even more people will be driving too slow... but at least not acting like jackasses.

Not so much good news for me as it is for everyone. I rarely ever smoke so it wouldnt really do much for me. The failed drug war is my soapbox, and yes I believe this would be a small step in the right direction.

What's your take on tobacco, Django? Seriously. Just curious.

I think hindsight is 20/20 and its should never have been marketed like it has been. The tobacco companies have done a fantastic job of creating a cigg that is much more addictive than any natural grown tobacco. I think advertising like Joe Camel is morally wrong. I think the same about booze, which kills many more ppl every year than smokes, and of course we all know pot has never had a documented death.

I would be willing to argue that heroin, if regulated by professional pharmacists, would kill less equally addicted addicts of tobacco.

I would rather have my own child smoke a typical days worth of marijuana than smoke a typical days worth of tobacco, not only would it do less damage, it would be cheaper, and he/she wouldnt be addicted. Pot I argue is not nearly as addictive as my Pall Malls are.

Fair question Ray.

Thoughtful post Django, I'm slowly coming around to your side on this issue.

Interesting. Tobacco [[Sema) is one of the Sacred Herbs. In the Native tradition, Sema is used in the pipe ceremony, for communication with the Creator. Sema represents the East, the Spring, the Dawn, the Infancy of life and new beginnings.

When we stopped using tobacco for ceremonial purposes and with respect, that is where we went wrong. From there to useless and expensive addiction was a few short steps, made with the help of short term profit thinking by tobacco growers, processors, sellers and big advertising. It's all about money now.

Django: How young a child are you talking about? And what is the typical daily amount of mj?

Maxx, I wouldnt want my kid smoking anything at any age, but kids do what they do sometimes. I did and chances are you did too. I smoked my first cigg at about 14, pot at 16. What about you?

I think 18 is a reasonable age to make it legal, booze as well. Is crappy that a kid can kill and die for our country but not order a beer.

Smoking never interested me and I swam and played tennis in high school. The age for drinking was raised back to 21 a while back because so many kids were getting into alcohol-induced car accidents. Somehow I doubt that the military enforces the drinking age.

Meanwhile, Michigan's medical marijuana law gets tighter and tighter for patients.
    http://www.annarbor.com/news/attorne...s-are-illegal/

If there have been studies done on the medicinal properties of mj, then they should be presented to at least knock it off Schedule one. The gov. used to OK the use of marinol pills for cancer patients which suggests that there has been some research. Getting mj off Schedule one would jettison the need for all the individualized fences and locks although I'd think anyone would want to protect their crop from thieves.
    Last edited by maxx; June-28-11 at 08:42 PM.

Maxx, when the med marijuana law was made it was so broad that it left many gray areas. Of course the attorney general is going to take the harsher stance just to make sure no one thinks hes getting soft, which is what most politicans have been doing for 40 years this week when Nixon declared a war on drugs [[yes, the war is 40 years old this week).

There have been many many studies on the effects of pot, you generally dont see them in the news though for obvious reasons.

I would rather see studies done, and printed, on all the chemicals put into tobacco to make it as addictive as possible.

Oh yeah, you asked what a daily amount of marijuana is, I dont know many who smoke more than a joint each day. I have heard of severe MS patients who will smoke as many as 8 a day though. With the potency of todays pot, one or two tokes and thats enough for most ppl. Like I said I would rather see someone smoke one joint a day of a fairly non addictive naturally grown plant than smoke 20-40 ciggs which are prepared by companies whose only interest is making money by way of getting you hooked on their product.

I wish I was a pot smoker rather than a tobacco smoker, no doubt. I could wish to be a monk also. A stinky nugget smokin, martini swillin, big tittie motorboat sound makin, phat ass chasin, hollier than thou monk.

^I hope that was funnier than it was crude^

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I wish I was a pot smoker rather than a tobacco smoker, no doubt. I could wish to be a monk also. A stinky nugget smokin, martini swillin, big tittie motorboat sound makin, phat ass chasin, hollier than thou monk.

^I hope that was funnier than it was crude^

Something finally put a smile on my face this morning. Thanks Django

lol