Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lofts/ Apartment Downtown[[Midtown)! NEED Help!

I'm in search of a raw [[need a little work) type loft or apartment in the Downtown/Midtown area. Price range $550-$700, has a medium size [[very polite) dog, patio furniture, [[2) people from Chicago and Detroit looking for descent lofts/apartments. *Note* [[Love the Capitol Park area or north Cass av. district...) If you have any information or contacts let me know, thanks.

Nothing? Ok we will hit the ground running, early tomorrow. I will find something?

Look over on Iron St. just north of Mt. Elliott Park, and in the Eastern Market area.

loftplace.net allows dogs and is in your price range.

Thanks! will check it out.

Try Cathedral Towers. E. Canfield just off Woodward. You could probably get a studio at the upper range of your price. Tack on another $80 for secure parking on property if you need it.

Welcome to Detroit.

I rented for a month from loftplace. [[They are the same people that own the Russel Industrial Center, and a number of businessness near Greektown.) They used to do a lot of month to month leases, which can be good to get you in the door and be able to move into something better as you can spend more time getting to know the city and what is available.

Check out the Coat Factory Lofts, 1652 W. Fort St. Definitely affordable.

I have a friend in the coat factory..I like the interior but the outside is not-so pedestrian friendly. Great building though, prefer closer downtown steps from the action. Will consider the Coat Factory Lofts...

Milwaukee lofts. Interesting building. May have water issues but seems cool.

The Milwaukee Lofts have problems with the windows. My friend lived there & when it rained, the rain came in through the windowpanes and made a giant mess. Kefallinos charged her for it!

Any of the Loftplace.net places are ok for short-term, but that's all. They could be a lot nicer, but then again, you would be paying a lot more & not have the month-to-month leases.

I lived in the Greektown Lofts above Niki's and loved it. No patios, there, though. The Grand Place Lofts down in Mexicantown do have small balconies, but lots of shifty characters in there.

I might consider "The Hudson", loftplace.net NEW Lofts on Rosa Parks blvd & Fort st. There pretty descent in the pictures off the site.

Quote Originally Posted by vivadetroit View Post
    The Milwaukee Lofts have problems with the windows. My friend lived there & when it rained, the rain came in through the windowpanes and made a giant mess. Kefallinos charged her for it!

Any of the Loftplace.net places are ok for short-term, but that's all. They could be a lot nicer, but then again, you would be paying a lot more & not have the month-to-month leases.

I lived in the Greektown Lofts above Niki's and loved it. No patios, there, though. The Grand Place Lofts down in Mexicantown do have small balconies, but lots of shifty characters in there.

I do have a patio table w/ umbrella! What I'm going to do with it? damnnn

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    I might consider "The Hudson", loftplace.net NEW Lofts on Rosa Parks blvd & Fort st. There pretty descent in the pictures off the site.
    I took a ride by there yesterday. Besides the fact that there is absolutely nothing in the immediate area, there are piles of trash and buidling material everywhere. If you're looking for walkable, that ain't it.

Quote Originally Posted by vivadetroit View Post

Never had a problem with the windows when I lived there, must have been the unit. I am actually considering moving back there until I luck up on a better spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I took a ride by there yesterday. Besides the fact that there is absolutely nothing in the immediate area, there are piles of trash and buidling material everywhere. If you're looking for walkable, that ain't it.
    Yes, I understand that. I want to change that area into a cool loft warehouse district. I'm invlove with alot of mover and shakers national/locally who is transforming the city into a walkable pedestrian-friendly place. Its a prime location that SCREAMS Detroit past, but I see the future in that industrial area. Right off the west riverfront between Corktown, SW, and Downtown. I want to connect the neighborhood with greenways and small pocket parks. West Riverfront will see development soon..

What movers and shakers are these? Maybe they have other interesting loft locations in Detroit. Just Curious.

And one other thing, it's decent.

Phil Cooley, Liz of Canine to Five, ROC Michigan, Torya Blanchard of Good Girl, Greening of Detroit etc.., and many politicians and community leaders who knows me personally and is transforming the city everyday. I have work with them in many projects and attend many meetings with them also. We're working on several restaurant plans, community gardens/parks and creating a large city dog park. Also, involved in alot of volunteer community work. I'm also working in creating our production/entertainment group from a group of guys from Chicago, Texas and Atlanta, who relocated here to create and build a future here. Detroit is full of possibilities and opportunity...we're taken it!

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Phil Cooley, Liz of Canine to Five, ROC Michigan, Torya Blanchard of Good Girl, Greening of Detroit etc.., and many politicians and community leaders who knows me personally and is transforming the city everyday. I have work with them in many projects and attend many meetings with them also. We're working on several restaurant plans, community gardens/parks and creating a large city dog park. Also, involved in alot of volunteer community work. I'm also working in creating our production/entertainment group from a group of guys from Chicago, Texas and Atlanta, who relocated here to create and build a future here. Detroit is full of possibilities and opportunity...we're taken it!
    And ah... I know Morgan Fairchild... yeah thats the ticket!