Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

DetroitPole Guest

Default Lamar Lemmons III says Roy Roberts loses cool in meeting

http://www.freep.com/article/2011062...text|FRONTPAGE

A couple observations here:

We are what, a month into the new guy and the relationship with the board has already imploded. Great start.

Now, the Freep doesn't reference this, but Lamar Lemmons is actually Lamar Lemmons III. He is also a king of name recognition. He ran for State Senator last year and lost. If you've ever had the pleasure of meeting him, you'd know he may actually be mentally retarded.
    I don't disagree with Robert's alleged statement, or that Lemmons just wants an office, any office. I'm sure there is more to the story, but I don't really care anymore.

I know it's all pretty sick AND twisted! Imagine how this affects the moral of the teachers, parents and students remaining at DPS!------
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    [I don't disagree with Robert's alleged statement, or that Lemmons just wants an office, any office. I'm sure there is more to the story, but I don't really care anymore.

People died for the right to vote for Lamar Lemmons and that vote is more sacred than educating children to live productive, happy lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    People died for the right to vote for Lamar Lemmons and that vote is more sacred than educating children to live productive, happy lives.
    I think it's accurate to say that people died for a lot of rights, including the right to vote for whomever we please and the right to a quality education for all children. I don't think we really rank our rights in order of importance. I think we fight to preserve them all.

God forbid someone should come to us one day and say, "Well you have 78 rights [[just making up a number). Rank them in order of importance because we're only allowing you to keep 52 of them." Why do we have to pit one right against the other?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    ...and, in turn, create productive, happy communities.

I like your sarcasm.

Thanks. In truth, I don't think people died for the right to vote for school board members in a failing city. They also probably didn't die for the right to elect township trustees, etc. But to hear the rhetoric in Detroit about "the sacredvote" - you would certainly be led to believe that every little vote - for Library rep or something - is as jus sacred as the vote for congessional representative.

I would say that the impact of decisions made by local officials often has more of an effect on the lives of most people than decisions made in Lansing or Washington DC.

i just hope that this initiative actually works.. glad to see some scholarship monies involved..

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    If you've ever had the pleasure of meeting him, you'd know he may actually be mentally retarded.
    Given that, shouldn't we take his account with a grain of salt?

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    I think it's accurate to say that people died for a lot of rights, including the right to vote for whomever we please and the right to a quality education for all children. I don't think we really rank our rights in order of importance. I think we fight to preserve them all.

God forbid someone should come to us one day and say, "Well you have 78 rights [[just making up a number). Rank them in order of importance because we're only allowing you to keep 52 of them." Why do we have to pit one right against the other?
    Thank you. Some of the Founding Fathers didn't want ANY OF US to vote. And some of the same people who love to look down on Detroiters' voting choices have sent some complete idiots to Lansing and Washington over the years. It's always easier to look down upon people's choices instead of examining one's own. But this is such a Puritan nation still -- "thank God I am not like that man..."