Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Yours, if you want it. A 30-year old AMC Pacer with.... 12 Miles on the clock!!

Zoimfg!!!

Read it.

If only it were a Gremlin...

I always wondered if the design of the Pacer was co-sponsored by Windex.

Neat story! Thanks for sharing. It's still a bit of an ugly car, though, but what the heck.

I *LOVED* my 1978 sPacer. Custom-ordered it and drove it for over 100,000 miles. It did not have a blind spot anywhere, had a surprisingly good stereo system, was wonderfully roomy, and was even reasonably reliable. In about 1986 or '87, when the driver's side door had rusted enough to have the window fall out the bottom of it and shatter on my driveway, and I could see the pavement under the clutch pedal due to the floorboards rusting out, we sold it to a friend of our then-neighbor for $25. We thought he wanted parts or something, but he turned around and sold it for $250.
    Last edited by Corn.Bot; June-18-11 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typos

Kenosha lunchbox, one of the best straight sixes there.