Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Nuclear Nebraska-NO Doubt The Media Is Controlled

Thanks to Michael Jackman's prompting on Facebook, I just read a story about a nuclear plant in Nebraska going into meltdown.

But it is being kept out of the major media...been over four days now.

FAA just issued a 'no-fly' over it, but NEVER MENTIONED the real reason. They actually claim it is due the flooding. As if...yanno...planes between three and five miles above the surface of the Earth might hydroplane or suck some water into their engines.

I'm trying to get the link to work, but I'm having a bunch of trouble with it. Le Canadian was the source he first gave...and there is some action on Twitter, but homey don't Tweet. They limit you to 140 characters per, and that might make me homocidal.

Pray, if you are so inclined...garden if not. To me, they are synonymous.

Here's a link...from the company that runs the joint though. THAT works on my computer.

http://www.oppd.com/AboutUs/22_007105

But it is being kept out of the major media...been over four days now.

I guess this site isn't the "major media" but they've had some coverage:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=385x592182

This topic was the lead story on Thom Hartmann's web edition today. He covered it in more detail on his radio show and also speculated about why it hadn't received more coverage in the news.

And what about the nuclear waste? It's usually parked near the plant.

I saw a piece about it with video on CNN or MSNBC on Sunday. I do have to admit there isn't much coverage about it though.

Well it's only a nuclear meltdown, not a twittered penis or anything...

Last edited by oladub; June-20-11 at 11:30 PM. Reason: added second link

Yeah, this week, nuclear plant manufacturers are meeting with U.S. officials to seal the deal on $38 billion in financing for a new generation of nukes. Naturally, they want to keep this Calhoun thing quiet until then. So stay asleep, America. Watch that AWFUL lady who killed her children...

Thom Hartmann: Nuclear Power - We almost Lost Nebraska
    After the Fukushima nuclear catastrophe in Japan - a lot of people wondered out loud just what the hell the Japanese were doing building nuclear power plants along the coast of an area prone to earthquakes and tsunamis. It's as though they were just asking for this to happen - who could have been so stupid?? Surely - here in the United States we're a lot more careful with where we build OUR nuclear plants right?? Well...no. The Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant just outside Omaha, Nebraska is completely surrounded by water. But I suppose that's what happens when you build a nuclear plant right in the middle of the flood plain of the Missouri River. Flood waters from the rising Missouri River have settled at a foot and a half ABOVE where the plant sits - and the only thing stopping Fort Calhoun from flooding just like Fukushima flooded is a six-foot high rubber wall surrounding the plant. But that's not the only nuclear power plant in danger. Just down the river in southeast Nebraska - the Cooper Nuclear Plant - is also on the verge of flooding out

It does seem odd that nobody in the mainstream news has mentioned it. I saw that one clip one day and then nothing. It also seems strange that nobody in the mainstream news is talking about the fact that nobody's talking about it.

So much for the myth that the media has a liberal bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    So much for the myth that the media has a liberal bias.
    Here is one liberal news media player, The Nation, speaking out.
    US orders news blackout over crippled Nebraska Nuclear Plant: report

The real Nation.

Don't be deceived.

Always check deceptively labeled URLs for your own protection. Those who lie to you are the most likely to be attempting to exploit you.

And always remember those who have deceived you, lest they attempt it again, and again, and again, after mock apologies for former deceptions.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-22-11 at 11:26 PM.

As long as the electricity holds, they will be fine.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/28/neb...html?hpt=hp_t2