Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Skin Cancer on the Rise

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2011/06/16/sunscreen

The FDA finally catches up with the sunscreen industry's outlandish claims. People are getting skin cancer in their cars from UVA rays.
    Last edited by maxx; June-16-11 at 08:26 PM.

i have three friends that have skin cancer..all in their late 40's and mid 50's. i know i used to get the "cardboard foil" out and oil way back when...didn't know any better. i make sure my kids are lathered up with sunscreen as well as myself. i can't get over how many friends my daughter has that go to tanning booths...and the parents let them!

Please read the labels of the sunscreen you use, and compare to listings of KNOWN carcinogens. They commonly include at least one.

Everyone gives me shit about wearing long sleeves and long pants during the hot weather and strong sunshine. I always remind them of every photograph of indigenous people from desert lands they've EVER seen...they are covered in flowing natural fibers that create portable shade.

Slather sunscreen on ya, and watch your body's natural Vitamin D production plummet, too. There can be NO good on spreading chemincals on the largest organ of our bodies. The permeable membrane we call skin...that watersack that holds each of us in form and allows us to function.

I don't believe a single word any standard FDA-approved cancer researcher says, anyways. Never will. They don't have our best interests in mind, only our pocketbooks and bank accounts.

No cheers on this...

After SPF 50, you get no further benefit. I didn't know someone was selling SPF 100. I used to get scorched as a young kid. My mother was a sun worshipper and I remember coming home from the Jersey shore with blisters on both shoulders. All we had was Coppertone which was just like basting yourself. Nowadays, I am always covered in the summer and I put lots of sunscreen on my face and ears. I know people who have had basal cells removed from an ear, the face, and a leg that hadn't seen the sun in fifty years.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3041426/vp/43407891/

here's what i saw on the today show this week.

Blame it on the Ozone Hole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuFha...eature=related

The Ozone Hole in the North Pole is small, but growing.

http://www.theozonehole.com/arctic2001loss.htm

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

If it wasn't for chloroflorocarbons, halons and freons for refrigerators, air conditioners and using styrofoam cups, then the Ozone Hole would not be possible. Thank you Man for destroying the sky.

Neda, I miss you so.
    Last edited by Danny; June-17-11 at 01:38 PM.

Blame the Ozone Hole on HAARP.

Well stated G. I'm a label reader and many of these products are horrid. I've tried to use low SPF sun screen and the stuff is so ghastly on my skin I've always ended up throwing it away. It does not agree with me at all. I do more covering up now light fabrics though I do love the sun. I avoid the hottest midday sun when possible.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Please read the labels of the sunscreen you use, and compare to listings of KNOWN carcinogens. They commonly include at least one.

Everyone gives me shit about wearing long sleeves and long pants during the hot weather and strong sunshine. I always remind them of every photograph of indigenous people from desert lands they've EVER seen...they are covered in flowing natural fibers that create portable shade.